Author Topic: renault 5 to f7p  (Read 6287 times)

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
renault 5 to f7p
« on: 17:45, Fri 08 March 2013 »
hopefully this is in the right place,

hi i am currently doing an f7p conversion into my renault 5 which was a 1.1 fitted with a 1.7 8v engine, i think the engine code is a f2n or f2r heres a picture,

i have a few questions which will probably grow into more questions hopefully somebody is able to help me out a bit with, i have read online that the power steering and abs pumps need to come off other wise it wont fit, would i need to fit a blank roller or anything for the alternator belt? also there are a few f7p pinouts online, does anybody know if my campus loom is any different than a gtt one? as i can only find f7p pinouts for either 19 or clio to a r5 gtt,

this is my first time doing anything like this any help from anybody who has done this conversion or knows about it would be very much appreciated, i have the engine out and am hoping to get the other one in over the weekend, i havent got many pictures but will take some more tomorrow, sorry about quality of pics but all i have around to take a picture on is a ds.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: renault 5 to f7p
« Reply #1 on: 18:54, Sat 09 March 2013 »
Take a look in here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9345 to get your head round some of the wiring. But that was from GT Turbo to F7P...
You need the engine loom & a section of the car loom with the plug to make it easier, then just buzz out which wires you will use.

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:55, Mon 11 March 2013 »
thanks,
i dont suppose you know if there is any difference between the campus loom and gtt loom?

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:46, Mon 11 March 2013 »
also do you know if i could use the small part of loom on the car end from a megane?

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:33, Tue 12 March 2013 »
Quote from: "brainz"
also do you know if i could use the small part of loom on the car end from a megane?
Not sure on either, you need a phase 1 ecu though as the phase 2 are immobilised.

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20:41, Sun 17 March 2013 »
just checked today i have a phase1 ecu ;) do you know what size alternator belt i would need to get?

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20:00, Sat 23 March 2013 »
little update :D

and theres my campus