Author Topic: part identification  (Read 3011 times)

MRL

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
part identification
« on: 22:49, Sat 16 February 2013 »
evening all, does anyone know if there are any diffrences between r5 gtt, r5 campus and clio 1.8 16v subframes, steering racks, front struts and front brakes??

completely random question i know but iv got a subframe with steering rack, anti roll bar, lower arms, hubs and front struts but im not sure what vehicle they are from  :?

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: part identification
« Reply #1 on: 15:30, Mon 18 February 2013 »
Quote from: "MRL"
evening all, does anyone know if there are any diffrences between r5 gtt, r5 campus and clio 1.8 16v subframes, steering racks, front struts and front brakes??

completely random question i know but iv got a subframe with steering rack, anti roll bar, lower arms, hubs and front struts but im not sure what vehicle they are from  :?

Clio 1.8 16v rack uses power steering
Ref campus and GTT racks I can't advise on campus as never seen one the gtt is non power assisted.

ref subframes the campus and gtt will be pretty much identical if not the same, the valver will fit in a 5 but you will need to drill new holes in the cross member as the holes are in slightly different places, also the clio 16v is 30mm wider track than the 5 gtt.  Valver hubs are identical to the gtt other than the valver hub has a bigger bearing so makes it slightly better ref brakes valver and 5gtt are interchangeable.

MRL

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: part identification
« Reply #2 on: 20:18, Mon 18 February 2013 »
thanks james, :mrgreen:  
 there is no power steering so im guessing its either a gtt or campus set up.