Author Topic: New owner (yesterday)  (Read 3557 times)

Andy_

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
New owner (yesterday)
« on: 16:21, Mon 04 February 2013 »
Hi, im andy in southampton, I just got my gt turbo s1, it's been laid up a while. (2 years I reckon from the paperwork. ) it was really well maintained up to 2 years ago, not so much since. The boost controller was plumbed backwards preventing turbo running properly. My Haynes manual is on the way, but I'd like to get some advice on what to change to get it back on the road.
I'm thinking,
Coolant, oil + filter, fuel filter, plugs, maybe ht leads, distributor rotor, clean air filter.... Have I missed anything ???
It starts but only revs up to 3500 revs, when you back off the accelerator the dump valve is loud, so I guess turbos not seized.
Any chance someone can post some pics of the boost controller / actuator setup, I've seen davel485 said "Boost feed > Controller In > Controller out > Actuator." I think from the posts the boost feed is on top of the carb, but don't know.  
Before removing hoses from boost controller it wouldn't rev past 1000, maybe someone knows where there's a diagram of all the vac / boost hose routes? I guess some others hoses might be wrongly connected.
Ps where do you guys buy parts? I want the above bits, plus whatever else you recommend. I've seen an ebay guy (something like 5gtturbospares) local to me, but I think he only breaks the cars. Give me some advice and ill see you at the next car show!
Thanks

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: New owner (yesterday)
« Reply #1 on: 09:52, Wed 06 February 2013 »
Welcome to the site.
Best place for oils etc is motor factors really, GSF or the likes.
Not to sure why it won't rev, sounds carb or poss plug/lead related ??
Do a service on her & see how she is after that.  :wink:

What colour is it by the way ?

Andy_

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:06, Thu 07 February 2013 »
very very flat paint grey / black. it used to look like this;
http://www.r5gordini.co.uk/mediawiki/File:D386CNP.jpg
i was going to put back all the stickers etc, not sure now.
the really annoying thing is i cant put the tints back on (at the front, anyway). cant find any 70% coloured tints. and i dont want to get pulled every 5 minutes :D

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:00, Thu 07 February 2013 »
Ah, I think I know that car. Is it looking a bit sorry for itself painted matt black ?
Think that came from up my way & I almost bought it ;)