Author Topic: cool louvres  (Read 3003 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
cool louvres
« on: 13:47, Mon 07 January 2013 »
alright guys, its been a while since ive been on here, but im looking to get a bonnet louvered, not sure how to ask it with out sounding like a noob again, but wheres the best place to get them, is there a science to placing them?

ive moved my air filter behind my light so im guessing a few 'air ins' on the bonnet by there? but ive seen some bonnet with the literally placed every where, are these for show... like above the alternator?? im also guessing u want a few air outs above the manifold / carb? or do u want cold air blowing on ur carb ??

any one got any pictures would be appreciated / or if any one just happens to be selling a half decent bonnet could asl be just as cool ??

thanks for the time  8)
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: cool louvres
« Reply #1 on: 16:11, Mon 07 January 2013 »
Nearly all the bonnets I have seen have the vents pulling air out from around the manifold/carb area.

Not sure how well they cope in the rain though.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16:17, Mon 07 January 2013 »
a mate had the cossi style vents at the front of his right over the lights and was forever popig fuses and bulbs when it rained, again, dont wanna go nuts with them, and would like to have them for more actual use rather than just for show

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:38, Tue 08 January 2013 »
As you say you want the louvres in specific places I remember 5teveL's old bonnet had vents above the carb and when it rained it let in alot of water so he made an alloy plate to fit on other side of bonnet so water would run forward.

The vent's need to be in good locations like a few above the rad to help warm air come out, above your air filter new location, propbably some above the turbo area aswell but then all these vent's will let water in if parked up and raining.

Pic of mine below

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:18, Sat 12 January 2013 »
yeh the rain thing wont be to much of a problem i dont think as it is just a weekend car, just positioning of them that was all, thanks for the info tho guys ill have a little bit more of a think with the bonnet off