Author Topic: 5 gearbox swap?  (Read 2392 times)

al79five

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
5 gearbox swap?
« on: 10:22, Sat 24 November 2012 »
Hi any one got any idea if i can swap my auto box for a manual gearbox is the crankshaft the same? and will i need to change the clutch???

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: 5 gearbox swap?
« Reply #1 on: 11:02, Sat 24 November 2012 »
Quote from: "al79five"
Hi any one got any idea if i can swap my auto box for a manual gearbox is the crankshaft the same? and will i need to change the clutch???

Yes its possible to change from auto box to manual, i've done it before buts abit more complex than just swaping the box.
To do it you will need
-gearbox
-flywheel
-clutch
-gearbox mounts
-driveshafts
-gearstick and rod
-clutch pedal
-clutch cable

You also need to mod the wiring abit but thats not a hard job to do
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

al79five

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:19, Sat 24 November 2012 »
thanks for your help what I was planing is that I have been offered a parts donar part for a replacement engine but its a auto and mine is a manual so was after info as to if the engine of the auto would mate with my manual box also the donar is a 1.4 mine is a 1.1 any problems with that?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:05, Sat 24 November 2012 »
Quote from: "al79five"
thanks for your help what I was planing is that I have been offered a parts donar part for a replacement engine but its a auto and mine is a manual so was after info as to if the engine of the auto would mate with my manual box also the donar is a 1.4 mine is a 1.1 any problems with that?

You'll be able to bolt a manual box to the auto engine thats no problem, crak bolt pattern is all the same
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.