Author Topic: Clutch cable problems :(  (Read 3068 times)

Jack88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Clutch cable problems :(
« on: 18:15, Mon 08 October 2012 »
Hi guys, I'm trying to put a new clutch cable on but every time I pop it onto the clutch lever on the gearbox the nipple on the foot pedal pulls holder round too far.
Is this a common thing or any advice?  :?

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch cable problems :(
« Reply #1 on: 08:48, Tue 09 October 2012 »
Quote from: "Jack88"
Hi guys, I'm trying to put a new clutch cable on but every time I pop it onto the clutch lever on the gearbox the nipple on the foot pedal pulls holder round too far.
Is this a common thing or any advice?  :?

I always find the best way to install the clutch cable is route it first put the clutch fork end on first then, use the push the self adjusting ratchet up slide the cable through the correct U loop on top of ratchet and then into the securing connection. It will feel stiff a few push's on the pedal and it's self ratcheted to the correct setting. Were is your biting point on the pedal roughly?

Jack88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22:27, Tue 09 October 2012 »
cheers for the reply
right sorted now, I bought a new heavy duty cable from cgb but turns out its too short. So Ive put the old one back in.
As for the biting point I havent a clue as I the engine has been out for a year  :lol:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:41, Wed 10 October 2012 »
Quote from: "Jack88"
cheers for the reply
right sorted now, I bought a new heavy duty cable from cgb but turns out its too short. So Ive put the old one back in.
As for the biting point I havent a clue as I the engine has been out for a year  :lol:

The only clutch cable you ever want is the genuine Renault item.

I've had replacement cables snap far to many times. I sourced one from my local garage a few years back that lasted a week before the crimp on the end popped off.  :shock:

Jack88

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:29, Thu 11 October 2012 »
turns out that the cable was 4cm shorter than all the others they have, so just an odd one. they are going to replace it for me so happy days