Author Topic: Rebuilt engine wil not idle. only runs on choke or throttle  (Read 2419 times)

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Right. Thought this was a vac pipe issue as wasn't 100% on the setup.  Having since learned that my vac pipe setup is rght, I'm left wondering which course of action to take next.

I've had a few suggestions - check the idle jet, check the pipework for splits, check the fuel inlet filter, check the valve clearances.  I will carry out the above check tomorrow after work.  Anything else I can look at as I want to get it out of the road!!!

The engine is freshly built as is the carb. There is also a new mixture screw which i've been told the screw all the way in, then 3 to 3 + 1/4 turns out.

Thanks guys :)

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilt engine wil not idle. only runs on choke or throttle
« Reply #1 on: 12:17, Sun 02 September 2012 »
Okay so i've done the above steps and it's still running like a bag of spanners.. now what? i'm getting to the end of my tether with this!!!

R4223R

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 00:25, Mon 03 September 2012 »
have you had the timing done? also via rotor arm points to plug on the right timing of the pistons
if its standard setup with group a or modified carb it will  tick over and bottom end running will be  shit,flooding to much fuel in...

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:59, Mon 10 September 2012 »
Quote from: "R4223R"
have you had the timing done? also via rotor arm points to plug on the right timing of the pistons
if its standard setup with group a or modified carb it will  tick over and bottom end running will be  shit,flooding to much fuel in...

Timing is done yes. I'm not sure if it's a modified carb, it was on when i'm bought it. I've got a t2/t25 hybrid fitted so it may well be.  How do I fix it to run right?

Thanks!