Author Topic: Vac Pipe nightmare :(:(  (Read 4856 times)

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Vac Pipe nightmare :(:(
« on: 21:29, Wed 29 August 2012 »
Hello all,

Could really do with the standard setup for the vac pipes on my turbo!

Have searched the threads and the internet and now i'm going slightly mad!!

Could someone please provide photos or diagrams and a walkthrough for which pipe goes where!  If anyone would like to ring me and talk me through it over the phone, that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance

Jack 07702565064

Itsafrenchthing

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Vac Pipe nightmare :(:(
« Reply #1 on: 22:14, Wed 29 August 2012 »
have u got 2 outlets on your turbo or 1?

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22:16, Wed 29 August 2012 »
Quote from: "Itsafrenchthing"
have u got 2 outlets on your turbo or 1?

just the one dude... i have dump valve too but that's the only mod ..

Itsafrenchthing

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:20, Wed 29 August 2012 »
sent u a message mate

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22:26, Wed 29 August 2012 »
Forgot to mention that the turbo actuator only has one pipe on it.

I don't have the pipe with the one way valve that i've seen on some pictures either - should i?

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22:54, Wed 29 August 2012 »
a few pics - not that they're very helpful!

numpysnumnuts

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:34, Wed 12 September 2012 »
Mantasrb your images I assume are those of your engine bay?

Can you help me out with a problem I have with the pipework and a device that seems to need an electrical connection but the wiring is not there.

Your top image shows a pipe that I believe comes from the perculator fan and then joins the air intake for the carb.  The pipe connects into an electric device that is fixed to the bulkhead just in front of the heater fan.  What is it and if its not connected does it affect the cooling operation?

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14:10, Thu 13 September 2012 »
Quote from: "numpysnumnuts"

Can you help me out with a problem I have with the pipework and a device that seems to need an electrical connection but the wiring is not there.

Your top image shows a pipe that I believe comes from the perculator fan and then joins the air intake for the carb.  The pipe connects into an electric device that is fixed to the bulkhead just in front of the heater fan.  What is it and if its not connected does it affect the cooling operation?

Hi mate,

I'm not 100% on what it actually is- this is my first r5 and i'm still learning! People do away with the perc fan setup completely so can't imagine it's essential..  It's a 2 pin plug the connects to it as i recall.. Sorry i cant be of more help!!

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14:30, Thu 13 September 2012 »
Quote from: "mantasrb"

Hi mate,

I'm not 100% on what it actually is- this is my first r5 and i'm still learning! People do away with the perc fan setup completely so can't imagine it's essential..  It's a 2 pin plug the connects to it as i recall.. Sorry i cant be of more help!!

There ya go :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT- ... 416741dc08

numpysnumnuts

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17:31, Thu 13 September 2012 »
Ok sounds like you and me in a similar boat but thanks for the info about the perc fan.

Obviously need to look elsewhere for my cooling issue.  No needle bounce but it sits at 3/4 quarters constantly and would like it to be lower.

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19:07, Thu 13 September 2012 »
Ok sounds like you and me in a similar boat but thanks for the info about the perc fan.

Obviously need to look elsewhere for my cooling issue.  No needle bounce but it sits at 3/4 quarters constantly and would like it to be lower.

Air in the system?
Faulty Thermostat?
Crap in the rad?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23:36, Thu 13 September 2012 »
If the temperature is constantly high, yet doesn't overheat (fan still cuts in) then it could very well be the radiator is all furred up inside.

It doesn't take much to affect the cooling, the radiators really aren't that big.

Might be worth checking the thermostat first, it's a lot cheaper to replace.  :lol: