Author Topic: help needed to set up carb!  (Read 3048 times)

mutchy5gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
help needed to set up carb!
« on: 11:16, Tue 28 August 2012 »
ive been searching all over to find a carb tuner in my area ( northwest ) its smokin black on idle which ive been told means its running really rich , i was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction as to where i could take it or if anybody on here could help me set it up , some one please help lol .
O and i forgot to add when i first put my foot down it splutters then picks up  :?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: help needed to set up carb!
« Reply #1 on: 15:49, Tue 28 August 2012 »
Do you know if anything has been done to the carb at all

I do work on renaults 5 on the weekend but i'm not exactly close to you, i'm from the south east but if you get stuck more than happy to help
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

mutchy5gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:50, Wed 29 August 2012 »
I'm not to sure to be honet , i remeber the guy i bought it off saying he has tryed setting it up on a c02 machine and couldnt so he said it needs a new carb , it idles really poorly aswell as the smoke and splutter when first accelerate , i'd be more than willing to travel if it meant i got it running correctly , i dont like driving it as it is incase i damage the internals or the turbo so the sooner the better  :)  thanks

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:54, Wed 29 August 2012 »
Quote from: "mutchy5gt"
I'm not to sure to be honet , i remeber the guy i bought it off saying he has tryed setting it up on a c02 machine and couldnt so he said it needs a new carb , it idles really poorly aswell as the smoke and splutter when first accelerate , i'd be more than willing to travel if it meant i got it running correctly , i dont like driving it as it is incase i damage the internals or the turbo so the sooner the better  :)  thanks

It won't need a new carb (not come across one needing one yet) but i would say a rebuild and clean would be a good idea.
Your more than welcome to bring it down one weekend if you don't mind driving it, if you stay off boost you should be ok although as you say the sooner the better

mutchy5gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:42, Thu 30 August 2012 »
Could i grab a postcode off you to find out how far away you are please? should i buy a rebuild kit to be on the safe side before i came down and thanks for your time to, its much appreciated .

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:30, Thu 30 August 2012 »
Quote from: "mutchy5gt"
Could i grab a postcode off you to find out how far away you are please? should i buy a rebuild kit to be on the safe side before i came down and thanks for your time to, its much appreciated .

I'll pm you my postcode mate

Yeah always worth buying rebuild kit as least you know all the gaskets and seals are new

mutchy5gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16:35, Sat 01 September 2012 »
your about 3 and half hours away from me so is abit far , apparently efi parts are good for setting up carbs and there ony 30mins away from me , could you please tell me where the idle mixture screw is located , ive been told to wind it all the way but not to tight then out 2 an half turns and tweak it from there .

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17:37, Sat 01 September 2012 »
The idle mixture screw is on the drivers side of the engine bay. It sticks out roughly 45 degrees up from the base of the carb.