Author Topic: Newbie, need help buying my first renault 5  (Read 2438 times)

matt_p

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Newbie, need help buying my first renault 5
« on: 02:27, Thu 26 July 2012 »
hi im new to not only renault 5s but this forum business aswell so i appologise in advance if im doing anything wrong lol
im 19 and have always been interested in french hot hatches, my first car a 106 rallye, and my second a 306 gti6 but after driving a pals fiesta rs turbo a few weeks ago i sold the gti6 in search of boost. After alot of research i decided to stick to french and go for a renault 5 gt turbo.
Since then iv been looking for the right one (im very picky), im after one that is slightly modified but i want to keep it as reliable as possible as it will be a daily driver and im definitely not a fan of gay bodykits and massive wheels.
Well i think iv found the one but i was hoping for a second opinion, also i was wondering if the owner was on here or anyone who knows anything about the history of the car.
Here is the link                          http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4036046.htm

Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

matt_p

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie, need help buying my first renault 5
« Reply #1 on: 17:51, Sat 28 July 2012 »
anyoneeeeeeeee?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie, need help buying my first renault 5
« Reply #2 on: 22:23, Sat 28 July 2012 »
It looks like a tidy example.

However, for that money I would certainly want to have a good look over in person. The Williams wheels fetch a tidy price if you wanted to sell them on, worth remembering if you wanted to refit some original alloys. The vented bonnet could potentially be a problem if your looking for a standard one, trying to get an exact colour match for example.

That's even if you wanted to swap those parts out, there not over the top really.