Author Topic: Raider  (Read 1939 times)

conod

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Raider
« on: 20:49, Thu 13 September 2012 »
Hi Everyone

Currently own a raider and I looked at a second one tonight that is in very good condition.
Just wondered what colour they should be from the factory? As the one I have have currently has a heavy purple flip in it, and the one tonight didn't seem as bad but definitely has purple in it.
Should it just be a straight metallic blue or is it correct to have purple in it when light or the sun shines on the car.

Im sure the question has been asked before, I have searched but cant seem to find a definitive answer! Any help would be great!

Cheers

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Raider
« Reply #1 on: 23:33, Thu 13 September 2012 »
If it's anything like the grey then it will be 1 paint code but 100 different shades.  :lol:

conod

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:42, Fri 14 September 2012 »
Thought that was the case! So there should be no purple in it from the factory?!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:42, Sun 16 September 2012 »
There were about 4 different variations of Raider blue, i thik it had to do with what paint wet through the paint guns at the facotry before the Raiders were painted or something like that!  :lol:

Simple answer yes from factory they come out with slight differences in shades i believe, i've know of 2 Raiders that i've seem that haven't been painted and they have different shades in them
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

conod

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13:09, Mon 17 September 2012 »
Ok thanks for your help guys, makes me feel slightly better buying this second raider!