Author Topic: Fuel pump relay - car will not provide petrol  (Read 4993 times)

NorwegianGTE

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Fuel pump relay - car will not provide petrol
« on: 08:33, Mon 11 June 2012 »
My car will not start at the moment.

When I turn on the ignition I'm not hearing any sound from the fuel pump. Like I used to do.
Is the pump next to the petrolfilter the one that makes the sound or the in tank fuel sender?

And I found out, I didn't have any fuel pump relay? I have an injection model so probably they are delivered without a fuel pump relay? If you look at the picture is the fuel pump relay supposed to be where I'm missing a relay?

:(

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel pump relay - car will not provide petrol
« Reply #1 on: 15:48, Mon 11 June 2012 »
Injection or carb you will have a fuel relay somewhere it is normally located up behind the back of the fuse's in the footwell have a feel about and see what you find

NorwegianGTE

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:42, Fri 15 June 2012 »
Thanks James.

I found the relay behind the carpet behind the fusebox. It looks different than the GTT relay I've seen in various online shops. After a few knocks on it my pump fired up and the car is now running smooth.  :mrgreen:

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:35, Sat 16 June 2012 »
Quote from: "NorwegianGTE"
Thanks James.

I found the relay behind the carpet behind the fusebox. It looks different than the GTT relay I've seen in various online shops. After a few knocks on it my pump fired up and the car is now running smooth.  :mrgreen:

Glad you found worst case if it goes again you can always bypass by bridging the fuel pump activation wire and 12v ignition live together

NorwegianGTE

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:23, Mon 18 June 2012 »
Nice tip. Appreciate it :) Thanks