Author Topic: Taking the F7P Plunge  (Read 3341 times)

Ridgeback

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Taking the F7P Plunge
« on: 20:32, Wed 16 May 2012 »
Picking up 2 F7p's on Sunday.One's a 500 mile recon lump (with receipts for the work) the other is a rebuild job,as it smokes (valve stem seals?) + 2 lots of ancillaries including an uncoded ecu.
 I've already got a set of GTX mounts and rad, so I'm hoping it's going to be quite painless.... :?
I'll take a load of pics as I go along and will be bugging the shit out of people that have done the conversion  :D  hoping to get it done by FCS,but we will see if that's realistic due to my severe lack of knowledge and trying to get 5 mins time to myself without getting jobs to do around the place off the other half... :(

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the F7P Plunge
« Reply #1 on: 20:47, Wed 16 May 2012 »
Quote from: "Ridgeback"
......trying to get 5 mins time to myself without getting jobs to do around the place off the other half... :(

Oh boy!

I know the feeling.  :lol:

Ridgeback

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22:27, Wed 16 May 2012 »
Don't it suck.Had a long weekend just gone and had to build a patio,mow the lawns back and front,put up a shed and stick up some trellis fencing.Then she moaned like buggery went I popped out for an hour for a pint !

Also developed a headache at bedtime,             which seems to have lasted the last 13 years   :D

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #3 on: 20:39, Sat 19 May 2012 »
F7p is good conversion to do even better when turbod :D

Ridgeback

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:49, Mon 21 May 2012 »
Would be good James,but unfortunately I have the spannering skills of a one armed monkey..
Also,this is my daily,so it's got to be kind of reliable. I picked up two lumps yesterday, a goodun and another thats smoking,so the plan is to chuck in the runner and have a bit of fun, then maybe Turbo or Supercharge the other when funds allow. I do like trhe idea of the charged one. There was a guy that supercharged an 11, with a Merc Kompressor unit, that was up on e bay a couple of months ago.

Just one thing, I have the engine,but now need to source a coil pack ,loom and early ECU. Without sounding daft, what else should I be looking at getting?
Cheers
Daz.

Chrisr5

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:01, Wed 10 October 2012 »
Just about to do the same conversion to my campus but finding it hard to locate a gtx mount heard the standard gt turbo is similar! Does eny1 no? Bought a 1.8 valva so hopefully be a straight forward swap. If eny1 has has any pointers wud be appreciated or interested in a Clio shell with cage get in touch!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16:03, Tue 16 October 2012 »
The gtx mount is discontinued from Renault so no more avaliable, you can use the gt one if you redrill 2 of the holes and space it out alittle.

I'm looking into making some copies of the GTX mount as there is a big demand for them at the moment

I've done the F-series conversion a few times (F7P and B18FT which is F-series block), fairly easy and wiring isn't too bad.
You will need as much as can get from the original Clio to do the conversion, new fuel pump and you'll have to make the water hoses fit the engine
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.