Author Topic: Renault 5 campus rat!  (Read 14114 times)

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Renault 5 campus rat!
« on: 12:00, Tue 08 May 2012 »
hi guys know afew people on here, ive got a renault 5 campus called Lola, ill let the pictures do the talking.

cheers woody.

bigman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 campus rat!
« Reply #1 on: 13:46, Tue 08 May 2012 »
how did you get the front end that low im guessing it a campus am sure i seen the build on rat look forum looks good  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:31, Tue 08 May 2012 »
I think ivr seen this car last year at the retro rides, i quite like it being honest, keep it up :)

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:31, Tue 08 May 2012 »
Quote from: "bigman"
how did you get the front end that low im guessing it a campus am sure i seen the build on rat look forum looks good  8)
its just a set of 'modified' lowering springs mate, i believe they were 70mm at first, but the car itself goes straight down no real problems with lowering these!

and got some sweet plans for the car this year so keep em pealed!

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:14, Wed 09 May 2012 »
Welcome over buddy :)

So are you going to keep the 5 then? What plans have you got in mind, or is all a bit hush-hush?

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17:26, Thu 10 May 2012 »
plan at the minute is get rid of the dents, repair and smooth bumpers, paint the bumpers and the plastics satin black, spray the car matte grey, have a oil cooler hanging out the front of the car with the hoses hanging out too, a shark mouth on the front bumper and fire engine red wheels? if no one can picture what its going to look like i can post afew ideas up to make it clearer?

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:23, Thu 10 May 2012 »
I can picture it. That'd work  :wink:
Proper Bozo spec oil cooler hanging out the front would be cool!

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 00:10, Fri 11 May 2012 »
yeahh im going to start from scratch i think, ive asked a dude what kind of ground clearance he gets with his b18ft engine, and been reading up on the conversion so i may end up doing it, want to see how the engine sits in the subframe on a 5 basically!

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16:51, Sat 26 May 2012 »
update time. decided to start tidying her up, ill let the pictures do the work!

tire didn't seal on the rim so leaked out, was rolling on this little beauty for afew hours!

got a 6n2 parcel shelf with decent speakers in it for a tenner so i retrimmed it (not a great job i know)

painted the grill badge black

painted the bumper satin black again

wired a stealthy fan switch in to stop her over heating!

made a center cap for my steering wheel!

leatheretted dash compartment!

cut my gear leaver down, made a sparco gear knob fit and a leatherette gear gator

new front tires, nice little bit of stretch!

got longer valves on the front and rear wheels, looks cool in my opinion.

now i have some bad news...

i got pulled into a road side car inspection center thingy set up by milton keynes police. if you know milton keynes police you know no matter what your in thats a pretty bad situation!

so anyway

the gay police manz looking around lola.

police man looking through there gay books to see what gay things the could gayly do me for. Gay.

the gay police man decided lola was unfit to be on the road due to 4 things being wrong with her, no front drivers side indicator, indicator stalk damaged ( worked fine, just was hanging down between my legs...) front bumper hanging off (surprisingly afew a very goo tug from mr gay police man) and 4th and final thing was a split cv boot. what a massive load of gay!

so the gay police man revoked my mot, therefore lola have to be recovered back to my house! i didnt have enough money left to get lola recovered all the way home so i got her half way and may have drove the rest, on that journey the water pump failed and fried the head gasket. after that very long stressful day i decided to call it a day with lola, strip her down keep what i want sell what i dont and scrap what everyone else doesnt want.

she doesnt normally have arch gap on the front, she got winched up and was laying on her belly!

and on the truck!

im not 100 percent where to go with cars now, im between a mk4 golf estate, a ef civic (sedan if i can find one) or another r5.

but anyway i test fitted my 8j ats's on the front to see what it looked like, if i did do another 5 expect to see this!

so this is it boys and girls :(

The End. x

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21:23, Sat 26 May 2012 »
Were ya from mate coz I like them wheels, an how you get it that low looks sweet az cant be good to drive tho lol

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 00:17, Mon 28 May 2012 »
im keeping the wheels mate, and dropped torsion bar and lowering springs mate! ive brought another campus now! so alot of the parts from this car will be going on the next!

Ridgeback

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17:58, Wed 30 May 2012 »
Are they cut Springs? Only ask as mine had been 'lowered' when I got it and the top of the springs flopped about like you'd never believe as they didn't sit in the top cup properly.
Lovin the whole look of the car btw  :D

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14:39, Mon 04 June 2012 »
they are lowering springs that have a coil off them, they are loose when jacked up but not too bad, the springs are for sale for 20 quid mate along with turbo front and rear seats and a not too great condition dash board

woody-123

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14:44, Mon 04 June 2012 »
breaking whole car so everything for sale, wheels already sold

Itsafrenchthing

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21:45, Mon 20 August 2012 »
see this car round near me does look good just needs a c1j in it :)