Author Topic: F7p vs C1j?  (Read 2078 times)

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
F7p vs C1j?
« on: 23:03, Tue 03 April 2012 »
Hi, is the remapped F7p with full exhaust and intake faster inside the GTT then original C1J @ 1bar  and strapped cooler, and exhaust?

Is there anyone that has done 1/4 mile with std f7p gtt ? :))

Thanks!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: F7p vs C1j?
« Reply #1 on: 09:32, Wed 04 April 2012 »
I would say no, purely due to the fact that the car would be heavier with the F7P, plus the turbo is more fun IMO.
There prob wouldn't be alot in it, C1J @ 1 bar would be around 130-140 hp, F7P around the same power, but like I say the turbo, I would think just give it the edge.
I have had a GTT with F7P & williams manifold, good fun but nothing like the standard engine @ a bar IMO.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: F7p vs C1j?
« Reply #2 on: 11:00, Wed 04 April 2012 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
I would say no, purely due to the fact that the car would be heavier with the F7P, plus the turbo is more fun IMO.
There prob wouldn't be alot in it, C1J @ 1 bar would be around 130-140 hp, F7P around the same power, but like I say the turbo, I would think just give it the edge.
I have had a GTT with F7P & williams manifold, good fun but nothing like the standard engine @ a bar IMO.

Thanks, i am definately gonna do turbo on my F7P... but for now i will run the stock engine, with intake and exhaust changes, and 100bhp of NOS...

I think that in terms of reliability it will be far better then C1J.... and when i need power there is always a NOS button :))