Author Topic: Please post photos of GT5 engine bay/engine (removed)  (Read 2425 times)

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Please post photos of GT5 engine bay/engine (removed)
« on: 20:21, Thu 22 March 2012 »
Hi folks,

Could people please post up pictures of their engine bay and engine (removed from car).

I'm rebuilding a phase 2 and have completely stripped the engine bay.  I could do with pictures of an engineless bay so I can see where various clips and brackets go.

I could also do with pictures of an engine removed from the car.  Anything from bare block to complete engine (ancillaries and hoses).

Oh and any underbody/floor pan pictures would be helpful too!

The more photos the better so don't be shy folks!

Thanks!

Jack

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Please post photos of GT5 engine bay/engine (removed)
« Reply #1 on: 21:48, Thu 22 March 2012 »
Have a search through the cars section.

There are plenty of 5's in there that have had there engines yanked out i'm sure.  :lol:

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:39, Fri 23 March 2012 »
as per the above post, look at my 1990 gt in "your cars"

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:53, Fri 23 March 2012 »
Cheers guys

Have been searching through quite a few and though there are certainly pictures that help, they are few and far between.  I was hoping to save hours of trawling by getting them posted directly here!

I haven't done a thread build myself though i'm beggining to think I should have!

Pretty much an entire nut and bolt rebuild.  New fuel lines/brake lines (new clips too!).  Full engine clean, paint and rebuild. Rebuilt T2/25 turbo. All brackets, engine and suspension components cleaned and painted/plated. Subframe and rear axle shot blasted and powder coated. Fully reconditioned and cleaned brake system. Uprated fuel pump and modded carb yet to be done!  I got nearly all the nuts and bolts plated so they wouldn't rust and spoil the look!

There's loads more fiddly bits to be done yet.  Still got the intercooler to mod and clean. Still got loads of other bits to clean!

Any advice on the build would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

mantasrb

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23:23, Sat 24 March 2012 »
Quote from: "DeanGT5"
as per the above post, look at my 1990 gt in "your cars"

Nice one dude just reading though the thread now. Pictures are very helpful, thanks!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:36, Tue 03 April 2012 »

hope these help mate :D  :D