Author Topic: mounting F7p into GTT  (Read 1300 times)

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
mounting F7p into GTT
« on: 18:55, Fri 30 March 2012 »
Ok guys, i finally got an engine for my GTT, after long time. Can anyone tell me how to fit the engine into my GTT ? Can i keep the GTT gearbox ?

What Mounts i need for conversion ? pictures would be great if u have guys!

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: mounting F7p into GTT
« Reply #1 on: 23:58, Fri 30 March 2012 »
I believe you can keep the five box.

You will need GTX engine mounts.

Or drill the GT ones ..

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:00, Sat 31 March 2012 »
Yes, you can keep the box as above, you need the GTX engine mount for the front & also the GTX or Volvo alternator mounting to block.
You can re-drill the GTT mount to make it fit, I had to & it worked ok, I had to elongate the holes I made to make it sit right, maybe get some cardboard to get the pattern then drill once, unlike me  :mrgreen:
There may be a write up in the DIY section.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 00:52, Sun 01 April 2012 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
Yes, you can keep the box as above, you need the GTX engine mount for the front & also the GTX or Volvo alternator mounting to block.
You can re-drill the GTT mount to make it fit, I had to & it worked ok, I had to elongate the holes I made to make it sit right, maybe get some cardboard to get the pattern then drill once, unlike me  :mrgreen:
There may be a write up in the DIY section.

Thanks, there is no write up in DIY :( :(, is there any chance that you can post some pictures of F7P engine fitting into GTT ? ? OR if u have any link that u can send me where i can see the pics of the actual conversion ? :)

Thanks!!!!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile