Author Topic: Battery charge dyno problem!help this Dutch dude out!  (Read 1808 times)

DutchJoris

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Battery charge dyno problem!help this Dutch dude out!
« on: 20:34, Mon 12 March 2012 »
Well hello,
Yep had to go overseas to ask my British R5GTT fellows to help me out with a problem.

I've got an R5GTT Phase2 with a dyno that doesnt want to charge battery....the strange thing is its not the dyno,and i am sure about that because i changed a good working dyno and battery from my R5GTS(it was the normal 14.8volts) to my R5GTT and it gives me 12.34 volts...so the charge thingy wont work.
When i set the ignition on key on(without turning over the starter)it gives me a red battery light so thats ok i guess...and when started the light goes of...it doesnt say the battery is low..but checking the voltage i just doesnt charge......

has anyone of you any ideas?to solve this isseu or anything i could check or bypass so is starts charging again?

excuse me if my writing isnt 100% correct

i greet you all!! Hi5 Joris

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Battery charge dyno problem!help this Dutch dude out!
« Reply #1 on: 21:04, Mon 12 March 2012 »
Check the small brown plug. The wiring there can get really dodgy.

DutchJoris

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:18, Tue 13 March 2012 »
thanks for the reply..but i really dont think that has something to do with my recharge problem...but is it nessecary for those to recharge battery?or is it only for connection...

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:21, Tue 13 March 2012 »
If you have tested the both the battery and the alternator on another car then the only thing left at fault is the wiring.  :idea:

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14:54, Wed 14 March 2012 »
Agree with Ash if alternator is tested as 100% working as is battery 100% i would be looking into wiring faults.

Think it's yellow wire from Alt that charges battery, purple provides the dash light