Author Topic: Hello from Hampshire - Owner of 2 (1 - D-Reg and 1 - E-Reg)  (Read 1774 times)

numpysnumnuts

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Hi.  
Just collected my E Reg Blue turbo which is a bit poorly at the moment.  

Thankfully I have a pearlescent white donor one also sat on my drive which I hope has the necessary parts to put her right.  

Did originally have plans for the white one after putting it through the MOT it became a money pit with serious body rot behind the skirts and arches and leaked like a sieve.  Thankfully it did not cost me anything to buy someone just wanted rid of her and I said I'd take her.  She did 60 miles after her MOT before being put under covers 2 years ago.  After a jump start she still starts first time everytime and purrs quite nicely.  

My new one is a bit more intact having been semi restored and sat 5 years doing nothing.  Its been stripped of most inside materials and only has 2 bucket seats with racing harnesses and again apart from a competition clutch and some engine mods it still need some work.

Not too sure what was done to either car before I acquired them and not really being a petrol head I couldn't tell you. I just like the car and being 40 I remember them first time round, hot of the production line.

Hopefully my questions will not seem to daft but we shall see.

Regards

Russ

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Hampshire - Owner of 2 (1 - D-Reg and 1 - E-Reg)
« Reply #1 on: 23:55, Sun 04 March 2012 »
Hello mate.
I'm in The same boat as you and have had a fair amount of help from this forum so good luck.
Yeah I remember them driving around new too, I remember when red, black and grey was a common colour choice for everything :lol:
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:51, Mon 05 March 2012 »
welcome  8)

numpysnumnuts

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:29, Sun 25 March 2012 »
Well still going through all the paperwork that came with the car but do know that the vehicle was ordered on the 18th July 1987, delivered on the 1st August 1987, cost 9,000 and was purchased fron Henlys of Croydon.  Found the original purchase receipt.  8)