Author Topic: differences between f4r and f4rt engines  (Read 3179 times)

MRL

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
differences between f4r and f4rt engines
« on: 20:12, Tue 06 March 2012 »
i know this may be one of the stupidest questions all year but i just wanted to check, will the exhaust manifold from a f4rt fit the f4r?

infact are most of the bits interchangeable?

im guessing the compression would b less on the f4rt engines, would this just b different pistons but the same rods,crank etc??

am i right in thinking the f4rt uses a 6 speed box and the f4r uses a 5 speed box (in earlier cars) but both should fit either engine??

any help/info greatly appreciated  :mrgreen:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: differences between f4r and f4rt engines
« Reply #1 on: 08:13, Wed 07 March 2012 »
Quote from: "MRL"
i know this may be one of the stupidest questions all year but i just wanted to check, will the exhaust manifold from a f4rt fit the f4r?  No it wont' different stud pattern on head

infact are most of the bits interchangeable? No the f4rt is a bigger block than the f4r
im guessing the compression would b less on the f4rt engines, would this just b different pistons but the same rods,crank etc?? you are correct the pistons are low compression, with ref to rods i am not sure anyone has compared prob a question that need to be asked on the cliosport site as more than likely someone has tried over there
am i right in thinking the f4rt uses a 6 speed box and the f4r uses a 5 speed box (in earlier cars) but both should fit either engine??  no they won't fit either the f4rt as said is a bigger block and has a different stud pattern for the gearbox you could get the 5 speed box to fit if you make an adptor plate for it

any help/info greatly appreciated  :mrgreen: