Author Topic: Supermarket Petrol.  (Read 2250 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Supermarket Petrol.
« on: 19:13, Mon 06 February 2012 »
I'm sure everyone, or nearly everyone has heard the rumours before. Maybe from a friend or a friend of a friend who works at a garage etc.

Is there any truth in the rumour that supermarket fuel is of a lesser quality then that of a normal petrol station.

I've heard people say many things. From the petrol making his car missfire to someone going as far to say his tank was filled with nothing more then water.

The latest one i heard was that supermarket fuel made her cars fuel level gauge read empty?

I've used supermarket fuel a lot over the years and i don't seem to be having any problems, and i'm assuming these guys still need to pass some kind of regulations etc?

What are other peoples views?

ben marks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Supermarket Petrol.
« Reply #1 on: 20:37, Mon 06 February 2012 »
I think its a load of rubbish really there was one time round my area where the petrol did mess up cars lambda sensors causing all types of problems but that was a one off contamination i believe, never had a problem myself and being a mechanic i have never seen a fuel tank full of more water then fuel i will always use supermarket fuel wit no worry, i like to use tesco super unleaded Im my golf as it stops it pinkin where as some other petrol stations super unleaded is only 98 octain for the same price or more which makes it pink so i would say tescos super unleaded is better quality then the ones that sell super unleaded but at a lesser octain
Just my view   :?

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:44, Fri 10 February 2012 »
i guess you've not seen this article from pistonheads last year then?
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=24900

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ninebarsoundsystem.com/.
« Reply #3 on: 16:56, Tue 14 February 2012 »
from reading that article I better start stockpiling Tesco 99 Octane  :o