Author Topic: jets  (Read 3600 times)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
jets
« on: 11:21, Wed 01 February 2012 »
Currently just getting some welding finished up before i put my car in for mot and get her back on the road, first of all i'd like abit more power, i'm at 10 psi at the moment and don't have a clue what the carbs jetted for ive been told 19 :|, it starts  and runs fine pulls nicely on boost, bogs down a little bit at low rpm if your frisky with the throttle but im guessing that's just carbs, it's totally drivable though. i've also got a shitty group a carb as far as i'm aware, should i just stick at 10 psi till i get a wideband or are there any other ways to get more power without risk of damaging engine? also i don't suppose when i've got it on the road if anyone feels like coming down and giving my 5 a little check over, would be very appreciated and would pay.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: jets
« Reply #1 on: 12:36, Wed 01 February 2012 »
the guys who know their stuff will tell you to ditch the Group A carb (im not clued up on exactly why but overfuelling at low rpm's/underfuelling at full rpm's springs to mind) so get wideband and a standard carb to start you off as its relativley easy to re-jet.

depending on which turbo you are running, the standard carb will fuel ok for 1 bar (on a T2) so if you are running a bigger turbo you should definetley get someone with the kit to check your afr's before you up the boost some more  8)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:56, Wed 01 February 2012 »
I'm running a t28 at the moment, anyone on here able to check afr's or know of anywhere near cheshire/wirral that can set them up? i do plan on getting a wideband and tinkering myself at some point. i just want to get her back on the road first, although she seems to run sweet and boost up fine as it is without no funny noises etc

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:20, Wed 01 February 2012 »
Best to leave boost low at the moment untill you first fit a standard carb and also an AFR gauge, once you got them bits then rejet the new standard carb. You won't be needing a large main jet so don't worry about buying one of those, only jet you prob be buying is a smaller a/c jet the jet you'll want to comcentrate on is the fixed 2nd stage jet in the enrichment circuit
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

bluntyr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18:33, Wed 01 February 2012 »
Quote from: "Hurty"
I'm running a t28 at the moment, anyone on here able to check afr's or know of anywhere near cheshire/wirral that can set them up? i do plan on getting a wideband and tinkering myself at some point. i just want to get her back on the road first, although she seems to run sweet and boost up fine as it is without no funny noises etc

scoff @ efi-parts is in that area mate (runcorn) im sure he would be able help set it up once you get a standard carb in place etc

T28/t2.63 (cossie comp housing,t28 comp wheel,t28 shaft/turbine)@23psi
ported head
cat cams 285 cam,springs and vernier
bjr downpipe/elbow
turbo back 2.5" bore longlife system
tubular manifold
fully rejetted carb
Ramair Induction Kit
cosworth 2wd Intercooler
Lowered 50mm

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:48, Thu 02 February 2012 »
cheers guys

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19:14, Thu 02 February 2012 »
Quote from: "bluntyr5gtt"
Quote from: "Hurty"

scoff @ efi-parts is in that area mate (runcorn) im sure he would be able help set it up once you get a standard carb in place etc

Does Scoff still do carbs? I thought he moved on from them years ago
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:55, Fri 03 February 2012 »
According to his site he does rolling road tuning carbs included