Author Topic: Carb top Questions  (Read 3590 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Carb top Questions
« on: 17:13, Sat 14 January 2012 »
alright guys the carb top ive got looks like its been hand made out of a dull putty :( and im looking to get some nice new shiny boost pipes put in (no samco), i will also need to chop my carb top up so i can have it cum off at an angle and down towards the drivers side light, im after just the bottom triangular bit of the carb with the 3 fixing holes in (as the picture badly shows) cos i dont really want to by a brand new top/ pricy 2nd hand one to chuck most of it away, so just wondering if there's any where that might supplie it ? or dose any one happen to have one just lying around ?? nice one guys.

My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carb top Questions
« Reply #1 on: 18:45, Sat 14 January 2012 »
Are you friendly with any fabricators, or anyone that works in such a place that deals with metal work?

It's such a small section, if you only need the base that is, that you could ask to raid the scrap bin for something the correct size and make one yourself.

Or do you need the base with a small lip on to attach a hose onto?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:20, Sat 14 January 2012 »
the idea cam from a picture we saw of 'James Butterworth's'  pictures of his blue car (ithink),  he just  put a bent samco on the top of his carb, to act as/instead of the elbow, i think my mate had to have a little seem of weld run round the top of the actual carb where the  rubber seal is so the boost clamps would clamp,

i was just trying to get it all nice and shiny from carb to ifmic.. , maybe the dude a the exhaust shop maybe able to machine one ?? i just dont want to get there and him to be like 'ummmmm no' and the main local metal machining place went through before xmas, but i can ask on local forums maybe

i just thought maybe some where might do em.. thought id ask any way  :oops:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20:26, Sat 14 January 2012 »
o yeh also just a question.. with the engine moving when it up Torques up n so on.. maybe the little bit of play in the soft pipe at the top might stop the boost pipe shaking to shiz ?? or wont it make a difference??

thanks again  :D

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:44, Sat 14 January 2012 »
The hose on the picture is just clamped down onto the carb itself. As far as i can tell anyway. If you look closely at the bolt holes for the original carb top there is nothing there.

Might save you a job.  :lol:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22:10, Sat 14 January 2012 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
The hose on the picture is just clamped down onto the carb itself. As far as i can tell anyway. If you look closely at the bolt holes for the original carb top there is nothing there.

Might save you a job.  :lol:

on the carb in this picture at the very top of the of it theres a little seem of weld so it almost flares the top of the carb so the samco and clamp has something to bite onto to stop it just sliding off with boost (if that makes sense)

and i was hopeing to have the normal carb top bolted to the carb as normal.. just turned (the same way as the samco) but but then continuing all the way down to the fmic in one contiunes pipe

tell me if this dosent sense

nice one dude thanks  :D

danny941

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:57, Sun 05 February 2012 »
im having same problem with my carb i have it clamped straight on to the top but keeps poping of on boost.