Author Topic: Booost  (Read 1986 times)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Booost
« on: 11:25, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Right i'm going to be putting my raider back on the road in march as my quotes drop quite alot on the insurance so i'm going to be getting an afr kit and hopefully upping the boost, as far as i'm aware from recipts, i know my cars had a full rebuild but aside from that it's got a kent (i think) 270 cam and a garret t28 which i will most likely be either getting recon'd or exchanging it but what's some big safe boost i can run? i wouldn't mind 20+ what are you guys running?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Booost
« Reply #1 on: 15:57, Mon 09 January 2012 »
20-25psi i fine on those turbos and cams mate, just make sure the carb is set uop right for that boost as at that sort of pressure damage will be more severe if something isn't right
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:22, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Fuelling aside, what is the most pressure the bottom end can take. In standard form and assuming it's in good condition.

A question i have never really known the answer to.  :?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20:13, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Fuelling aside, what is the most pressure the bottom end can take. In standard form and assuming it's in good condition.

A question i have never really known the answer to.  :?

It'll take alot, its strong enough to take it i have seen in excess of 25psi+ (around the 30psi mark) but if anything the ringlands may take abit of a hammering but will still hold up fairly well. As you say its just the set up of the carb and timing that can kill them
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.