Author Topic: Renault 5 accelerator cable  (Read 2475 times)

NorwegianGTE

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Renault 5 accelerator cable
« on: 10:52, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Hi Guys, I need to sort out something that has been a problem for a while.

Right after I bougth my R5 GTE it got to my knowledge that the accelerator cable was not fastened properly. It was fastened with some cable ties, the result was that when the pedal/wire was under stress it disconnected from the throttle body. It seems to me it should be fastened/locked by a c-clip or something like that. Does anyone have a picture of how the cable is attached the throttle body? I bought a repair set on ebay but it only included the cable. I do not have a GTT but a GTE but I know for a fact that they use the same accelerator cable.

Thanks

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Renault 5 accelerator cable
« Reply #1 on: 08:51, Tue 24 January 2012 »
Pictures may help if you can get a couple up ??

PhoenixAutosport

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:00, Thu 02 February 2012 »
i suspect you are talking about the cables outer casing where it mounts to the bracket on the carb, there is a metal plate that hooks in at the bottom of the bracket and is clamped on the outer casing by a screw at the top they arent great at holding the acble as standard but if you do find the outer slips through the clamp to easily rather than wrenching it up and crushing the outer casing put a couple of turns of electrical tape round the outer casing where the bracket clams on it and it will stay in place with less pressure

NorwegianGTE

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:23, Sat 07 April 2012 »
Sorry, here are some pictures.

As you can see the support/reverse-spring for the cable is also gone, which results in pretty wobbly reponse when releasing the pedal.