Author Topic: Sill Replacment  (Read 5647 times)

5teve22gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Sill Replacment
« on: 18:43, Tue 03 January 2012 »
After advice from anybody who's replaced sills.
Doing outers on both sides any tips etc would be appreciated,first job in total restoration back to standard spec
Thanks

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sill Replacment
« Reply #1 on: 20:50, Sat 07 January 2012 »
Quote from: "5teve22gt"
After advice from anybody who's replaced sills.
Doing outers on both sides any tips etc would be appreciated,first job in total restoration back to standard spec
Thanks

have you sourced any sills yet?

5teve22gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:04, Sun 08 January 2012 »
Yeah got both sides from company called carz2 lady on phone said they sell loads of em cost about 100 for the pair with delivery not bad renault wanted 156 each!

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:49, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Not a bad price that. I might be needing these soon.

punchy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:34, Mon 09 January 2012 »
I've done these on mine the other month not a bad job really to be honest,when you get the outer sill off you'll no doubt find the inner sill/floor will need attention so have some spare sheet metal handy to fabricate new pieces.

5teve22gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:02, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Just found some inner sill repair panels on e bay they are laser cut with holes ready for spot welding 20 quid a side the guy does other repair panels prob be more cost effective to buy them ready made worth changing them at that price i think

big@l

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16:34, Mon 16 January 2012 »
Do you have a link for them?

cheers buddy

Al  :)

5teve22gt

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20:16, Wed 18 January 2012 »
Don't know how to do link! If you do search for renault 5 gt turbo inner sill repair sections it'll come up the seller is ashy-1 100% feedback gonna be ordering mine soon need to get some bar for bracing door gaps before i cut the olds uns out
Are you doing yours?

big@l

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22:08, Wed 18 January 2012 »
Quote from: "5teve22gt"
Don't know how to do link! If you do search for renault 5 gt turbo inner sill repair sections it'll come up the seller is ashy-1 100% feedback gonna be ordering mine soon need to get some bar for bracing door gaps before i cut the olds uns out
Are you doing yours?

ok if you look at the top of the reply page, you have lots of options B, i, U etc, go to the end URL,

click that and you will get something like this....[url][url]

insert the link, by copying and pasting between the 2 url's ....eg

[url]www.insertithereblahblahblah.[url]

hope that is of help and forgive me if I'm teaching me granny how to suck eggs  :lol:

big@l

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22:11, Wed 18 January 2012 »
opps, forgot to answer your question....I am not doing my sills yet, but both inner and outer sills will need doing, plus a few other areas too. And I haven't removed the rear bumper yet  :(  to find what multitude of sins of hidden behind there  :cry:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:40, Thu 19 January 2012 »
Quote from: "big@l"
opps, forgot to answer your question....I am not doing my sills yet, but both inner and outer sills will need doing, plus a few other areas too. And I haven't removed the rear bumper yet  :(  to find what multitude of sins of hidden behind there  :cry:

Almost certainly the area where the rear bumper bolts on, i know mine need doing. It isn't structural so i find myself keep 'forgetting' about them.  :oops: