Author Topic: campus project help  (Read 8448 times)

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
campus project help
« on: 19:18, Sat 31 December 2011 »
right all the engines in plumbed up ect cant get uer to fire up though. as far as i can tell i dont think its getting fuel. theres fuel getting up to the carb but its not coming out of the jet i dont think and its not getting a spark so i think i need to sort tje power to aei. wjat wire is its source of power? just to confurm the fuel line comes from under the car to the side of the regulator then out the other to the carb then the other pipe next to it goes in the bottom of regulator out the top and into the hoses off the carb top?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: campus project help
« Reply #1 on: 12:59, Sun 01 January 2012 »
Quote from: "5gttaron"
right all the engines in plumbed up ect cant get uer to fire up though. as far as i can tell i dont think its getting fuel. theres fuel getting up to the carb but its not coming out of the jet i dont think and its not getting a spark so i think i need to sort tje power to aei. wjat wire is its source of power? just to confurm the fuel line comes from under the car to the side of the regulator then out the other to the carb then the other pipe next to it goes in the bottom of regulator out the top and into the hoses off the carb top?

You should of been able to use the original AEI unit plug which is in the scuttle area, that has the power source for the AEI unit

As for the reg, the larger side inlet is feed in, other side (smaller) is feed to carb, the bottom is return to tank and the top outlet is referance pipe from the carb top.
Was the carb working in the gt before you removed it? Wonder if the accelerator pump jet is blocked
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14:43, Sun 01 January 2012 »

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14:48, Sun 01 January 2012 »
hmmm the pics arnt as clear as i thought they were. in the 3rd pic im not sure were them wires need to go. also what plugs into the carb? theres power getting to the aei but still no spark,is there a way i can just make up a loom to get it running? just make a few powers and earths just so i can get it home lol. engine was working perfectly i checked the jets in the carb today aswel and there clear

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20:55, Sun 01 January 2012 »
If you got power to the AEI unit then it could be HT lead fault, mainly the king lead from the AEI to dizzy cap. If you got fuel going to carb then timing sensor is working.

The wires in the 3rd pic are for the anti perc fan, there not needed if your not running a perc fan

Just looking through the pics where is the AEI vacumn referenece pipe going to? Doesn't look like the usual port on inlet manifold
Definately needs abit of tiding up in there

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:31, Sun 01 January 2012 »
yeah il check the king lead tomorow i dont supose the campus one will be up to the job will it? i cant think were the ecu hose is going to its ment to go into the carb somewere if i can remember on the back sonewere? yeah deffo needs a tidy just need to get it running and it will be all tidyed up

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18:17, Mon 02 January 2012 »
got the car running today engine bays all cleaned up gear oil in, water in. i need to get a airfilter for it as it doesnt have one :/ lol. problems i encountered on the way home are it kept cutting out and had to be jumped a few times.....my theory is that the battery is flat and wouldnt power the fuel pump enough. second thing is running quite lumpy at low and is not a big fan of idleing at the mo....again possably the fuel pump not shuving enough through? also the breather is not on very well on the rocker cover? also was making a loud whistle and no dump vaulve but i looked under the bonnet when i got home and above the dump vavule theres a hole which had been blocked up but is now not there lol all these little things probibly dont help the way its running lol and last of all i just want to no if the cars over heating it should come up on the dash as its plugged in is this correct? i am going to get a after market temp gauge anyway but just want to no for the moment?, theres also a pipe going nowere on the left outlet on the lobster...im guessing this is boost gauge?
and just to let you no it wasnt sparking due to bad earth on aei and no fuel because the accelrator jet spring was stuck lol
cheers

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16:25, Tue 03 January 2012 »
Quote from: "5gttaron"
got the car running today engine bays all cleaned up gear oil in, water in. i need to get a airfilter for it as it doesnt have one :/ lol. problems i encountered on the way home are it kept cutting out and had to be jumped a few times.....my theory is that the battery is flat and wouldnt power the fuel pump enough. second thing is running quite lumpy at low and is not a big fan of idleing at the mo....again possably the fuel pump not shuving enough through? also the breather is not on very well on the rocker cover? also was making a loud whistle and no dump vaulve but i looked under the bonnet when i got home and above the dump vavule theres a hole which had been blocked up but is now not there lol all these little things probibly dont help the way its running lol and last of all i just want to no if the cars over heating it should come up on the dash as its plugged in is this correct? i am going to get a after market temp gauge anyway but just want to no for the moment?, theres also a pipe going nowere on the left outlet on the lobster...im guessing this is boost gauge?
and just to let you no it wasnt sparking due to bad earth on aei and no fuel because the accelrator jet spring was stuck lol
cheers

With the lumpy idle, check the idle jet that sounds like its got abit of dirt in there or the carb needs alittle playing with to get it running right
You still using the campus clocks? Remeber you got a gt sensor in the engine with campus clocks if you have so may not be registering correctly, worth fitting the original campus sensor into the water pump
Which side of the lobster you caling the left? Driver or passenger side? This will make a big difference and could be a reason for bad running

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16:58, Tue 03 January 2012 »
ok ill sort that out tomorow and ill have a look at the jet. its on the drivers side sorry. with the aei the pipe dies t into the d/v and goes to the back of the xarb right?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17:50, Tue 03 January 2012 »
The aei unit vacumn pipe should go from sei to base of inlet manifold (just above oneway valves), the dump valve T's into that pipe

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17:21, Mon 09 January 2012 »
right got the car going. runs really well! just idle ttouble ive put a new carb onit but it just idles ruff! had a little play with the mixture screw but still not much luck! also when you give the car a boot it smells abit fueley so im guessing its running a little lean? anyone about in the kent area handy with carbs? cheers

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18:16, Mon 09 January 2012 »
Check vacumn pipes to AEI unit, make sure they ok and not leaking. Looking at pic still can't work out where its connected to, you got a closer pic? If thats connceted in wrong place then this can cause bad idle.
If you changed carb then more than likely not carb, check breather pipes too make sure the back one (on one-way valve) has restrictor in there

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19:56, Mon 09 January 2012 »
were should the resrictor be? is rhis the one way pipe you can block for the cup mod and the other is for brake vacume? or a diff pipe? lol aei is going to the back of the carb above near the bottom

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20:11, Mon 09 January 2012 »
No the restrictor will either be in the breather T-piece or in the pipe going to the one-way valve. It looks like a valve cap with a 3mm hole in one end and larger one in other

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:45, Tue 10 January 2012 »
jusr had a look at vacum hose looks fine. also there is a restrictor in the one way pipe im going to swap the vacume hoses and dump valve and see if it ticks over better then. any other ideas if that doesnt work? cheers