Author Topic: F7P 1.8 16v conversion  (Read 7278 times)

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
F7P 1.8 16v conversion
« on: 10:22, Tue 22 November 2011 »
hi all,

I have a renault 19 Sport 16v with 1.8 engine inside.
I wanna fit the engine into my GTT,

What do i need to do to engine mounts, in order to fit the engine inside? Is the gearbox the same as GTT''s ?

What do i do with driveshafts? Do i keep the GTT's or do i use 16v's  ??

Guys i need informations as much as u can send me, cause i am taking the enigne out of R19 by the end of the week. :)

Thank you all !

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: F7P 1.8 16v conversion
« Reply #1 on: 11:45, Tue 22 November 2011 »
A few of us have done the conversion either in N/A or liek myself and a few others turbo charged

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9345

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:24, Tue 22 November 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"
A few of us have done the conversion either in N/A or liek myself and a few others turbo charged

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9345

Ok mate, thanks a lot...

Can u tell me, is the engine 1.8 16v the same as clio 16v ? Cause i want to order Forged pistons and con rods for it, so i am thinking if it is the same exactly ?

Thanks!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15:26, Tue 22 November 2011 »
Yes the clio and 19 16v engine are pretty much identical so all parts will swap over

You can use the gt box on the 16v engine or even stick with the 19 gearbox but either way the 5 driveshafts can be used
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:52, Tue 22 November 2011 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
Yes the clio and 19 16v engine are pretty much identical so all parts will swap over

You can use the gt box on the 16v engine or even stick with the 19 gearbox but either way the 5 driveshafts can be used

Nice, but for the start, i want to refresh the engine, and run it with NOS, how much HP of NOS should i run on the stock engine ?
I want to run it with nos, untill i get the money needed for turbo conversion, and standlone ECU etc..

Thanks!

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17:10, Tue 22 November 2011 »
On standard engine i wouldn't personally go anymore than 50bhp hit even if it is set up correctly, if you develop the engine to take more then keep squirting it in mate  :D

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17:19, Tue 22 November 2011 »
On standard engine i wouldn't personally go anymore than 50bhp hit even if it is set up correctly, if you develop the engine to take more then keep squirting it in mate  :D

I was thinking either to go for the turbo conversion, or hi comp forged pistons, cams, head work, throttle bodies standalone ecu and  100-150hp of Nos...

I donno, what do u think its better for F7p ?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17:58, Tue 22 November 2011 »
Depends what you want from the engine to be honest mate, what you intending to use it for?
I think unless your drag racing it 100-150bhp of NOS is alot to run and for road its abit too much

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 00:40, Wed 23 November 2011 »
Depends what you want from the engine to be honest mate, what you intending to use it for?
I think unless your drag racing it 100-150bhp of NOS is alot to run and for road its abit too much

I am making a weekend car, that i can take out and street race with it.. Highway etc... and drag 1/4 mile as well :) So i need a lot of power, so i can fuck some of my friend's m3's an shit :) hahahaha

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16:37, Wed 23 November 2011 »
Quote from: "LazaRs"

I am making a weekend car, that i can take out and street race with it.. Highway etc... and drag 1/4 mile as well :) So i need a lot of power, so i can fuck some of my friend's m3's an shit :) hahahaha

You want to go turbo then mate, lower comp abit, set of cams, nice manifold and turbo, decent ECU then run a fair bit of boost  :D

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:35, Thu 24 November 2011 »

You want to go turbo then mate, lower comp abit, set of cams, nice manifold and turbo, decent ECU then run a fair bit of boost  :D

HMMM THAT SOUNDS COOL :) How much power can F7P hold on? I am concidering fitting the forged pistons and rods, so how much can i get from such engine, to be on the safe side? :)

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:20, Thu 24 November 2011 »

You want to go turbo then mate, lower comp abit, set of cams, nice manifold and turbo, decent ECU then run a fair bit of boost  :D[/quote]

HMMM THAT SOUNDS COOL :) How much power can F7P hold on? I am concidering fitting the forged pistons and rods, so how much can i get from such engine, to be on the safe side? :)[/quote]

Well it's all down to decent fueling, charge temps, mapping and bolt on goodies like turbo etc... turbo ted on RTOC is running just shy of 400bhp, where as myelf and a few other other were around the 240-280bhp on a fastchips high boost chip

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:58, Thu 24 November 2011 »
Well it's all down to decent fueling, charge temps, mapping and bolt on goodies like turbo etc... turbo ted on RTOC is running just shy of 400bhp, where as myelf and a few other other were around the 240-280bhp on a fastchips high boost chip

Hmm, i have on  my own VEMS Racing ecu, for it already, so all i need is the actual turbo kit and forged pistons and rods.
I have no idea how much power on a GTT is actually drivable.
what sort of 1/4 mile time can i look at with 300bhp? including drag slicks etc... ?

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:10, Thu 24 November 2011 »
Coops (tungy valver) with a clio valver turbo is running about 260-270bhp and he ran @ pod recently 12.8's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTwY9jerME

the red one in the link is also turbo f7p and I think it had gearbox troubles both these cars run the fastvchips turbo chips, if you have standalone you will have oppetunity for much better mapping

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18:02, Thu 24 November 2011 »
Coops (tungy valver) with a clio valver turbo is running about 260-270bhp and he ran @ pod recently 12.8's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTwY9jerME

the red one in the link is also turbo f7p and I think it had gearbox troubles both these cars run the fastvchips turbo chips, if you have standalone you will have oppetunity for much better mapping

Very nice, but of course R5 is much lighter then clio, so i think with that sort of power you could run under 12.5sec..
If i'd go for turbo F7p spec i would go for:

2.0l williams head
decent cams,
forged pistons and rods
individual throttle bodies with airbox,
turbo GT2876 or GT30
Stanalone ECU

I donno how reliable the engine will be @300bhp or more..
I am not sure if the std gearbox can hold all that power... What do you think??

Thanks!