Author Topic: getting the turbo back on the road  (Read 1448 times)

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
getting the turbo back on the road
« on: 18:23, Wed 09 November 2011 »
getting my gt back on the road its going in for mot soon :) just wondering if anyone could tell me how to un do the cup mod as im sure it used to run better with the standard pipework and without the in car boost lol (havnt fiddled with it, it was tunned and left alone. also the car seems to be not running quite right ticks over fine and revvs fine when not moving, but when you drive and the turbo kicks in it backfires extreamly loud and doesnt seem to go anywere, this clears eventualy but it doesnt seem to have much poke anymore the acceleration seems to peak early :(

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: getting the turbo back on the road
« Reply #1 on: 23:07, Wed 09 November 2011 »
Quote from: "5gttaron"
but when you drive and the turbo kicks in it backfires extreamly loud and doesnt seem to go anywere, this clears eventualy but it doesnt seem to have much poke anymore the acceleration seems to peak early :(

Running lean?

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: getting the turbo back on the road
« Reply #2 on: 00:14, Thu 10 November 2011 »
quite possibly i had a proper look a min ago and the diafram in the carb is leaking so more than likely a big cause. also does anyone no if gtx springs and or shocks fit on a campus or a easy way to lower a campus 50mm?