Author Topic: Knocks on your door?  (Read 3584 times)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Knocks on your door?
« on: 15:56, Tue 01 November 2011 »
Does anyone else get people knocking on their doors asking/pestering you to sell your 5? My raiders always on the drive sometimes under a cover and if the weathers really bad i park it in my nans garage round the corner, as i was saying though does anyone find this annoying? i wouldn't mind if i had knocks every blue moon but i've had 3 knocks this week, yesterday a 14 year old boy who greeted me with "are you selling your car" i replied with "aint you supposed to be selling me stuff" (they were knocking door to door selling windows) and told him to get a licence before he starts buying cars then he left with his dad and just today some dodgy looking character knocked, i didn't answer i was having a little snoop out my bedroom window, noticed him looking round the car then he walked off got on the phone to someone then looked back once more before he disappeared. it makes me pretty paranoid to be honest..

kz

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Knocks on your door?
« Reply #1 on: 16:21, Tue 01 November 2011 »
I'm sure it can be annoying, but just take it as a compliment!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:24, Tue 01 November 2011 »
There was one lad, a friend of our neighbours son.

He would knock every now and then. In the end he brought his own R5, and ruined it. Then he ruined his 2nd one. Currently on his 3rd, which i haven't seen on the road for several months now.  :(

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:19, Tue 01 November 2011 »
It's not bad when you can have a conversation with them, the 14 year old the other day was trying to convince me my standard gear knob wasn't standard :lol:

kz

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:01, Wed 02 November 2011 »
That's probably because (unfortunately) there is probably more modified R5's out there than standard... so what's is truly standard to us, isn't to other people lol.

robx1r

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:46, Wed 02 November 2011 »
i've been followed home by 3 girls in a passat asking will i sell it. and loads of people when i'm out. it does wonder for my paranoia

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13:14, Wed 02 November 2011 »
Quote from: "robx1r"
i've been followed home by 3 girls in a passat asking will i sell it. and loads of people when i'm out. it does wonder for my paranoia

I always feel like people are following me. It was worse in the Evo.

A few people have asked to buy my car. A copper asked in a petrol shop, a guy walking his dog flagged me down and made a decent offer, and a local 'yoot' asked if I'd sell my Nova, that made me laugh.

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13:29, Wed 02 November 2011 »
I have had one bloke knock at door askin me to sell it, another lad followed me for about harf hour before finally following me into KFC carpark wanting to buy it and I have been stoped by the police, he just wanted to look at it, loadz of chavs wanting to race aswell, a 318 beemer got supprised on nearby dual carriageway tho haha.

robx1r

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13:46, Wed 02 November 2011 »
its really bad like i have lost sleep over the paranoia, the car is blocked in with the wifes celica and our walls are like paper so you can hear every noise outside

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19:14, Wed 02 November 2011 »
Nope, it's not bad at all. Every little noise, I'm up at the window making sure he's alright.
Mine get's blocked in by another car or two, CCTV on it, immobilisers etc, but I still worry  :lol:

kz

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:54, Thu 03 November 2011 »
The first day I bought my R5 I was driving home and got stopped by the police. I had literally only just put TAX on it you see and it was flagging up as un-TAX'd. It was an older copper and a younger one, the younger one asked if I'd sell it to him! So my first offer was around 2 hours after buying the car lol... also had another offer from a mate but at the time I wanted to keep it.

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13:49, Thu 03 November 2011 »
I dont think i'll ever sell my Raider to be honest, took me ages to get and alot of disappointment and it doesn't owe me anything i sold my online gaming accounts and with the profits bought my raider so it wasn't like i took it out of my savings :)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18:58, Thu 03 November 2011 »
Quote from: "Hurty"
I dont think i'll ever sell my Raider to be honest, took me ages to get and alot of disappointment and it doesn't owe me anything i sold my online gaming accounts and with the profits bought my raider so it wasn't like i took it out of my savings :)

What gaming accounts did you sell?

I always find it really odd that someone would buy a gaming account. I assume you mean that you put in all the graft and achieved some ridicolous ranking etc?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19:46, Thu 03 November 2011 »
i had a few knocks, one was a old owner who dident seam to remember the reg plate,

i was always surprised, with the amount of people could tell me what road i live on, even when im at a cruz 40 mins away from Cardiff, i live right by the hospital on one of the main roads out so its always busy,, and my old mans a volvo driver so there's no room on the drive  :lol:   i have left the window fully down all night so many times its unlivable, don't think i ever locked the boot, and the passenger door wouldn't always lock with the drivers key, and its never had any hassle from local rude boooi's they all just take photos on there phones.. or trip over the wheely bin  :lol:

my thoughts were that it had achieved legendary status through the likes of max power n ali g, so they just leave it alone  :mrgreen:
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST