Author Topic: new member long time visitor  (Read 2259 times)

DOUGTOAD

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
new member long time visitor
« on: 21:32, Fri 18 November 2011 »
Hi guys
been visiting this site for years looking at your cars and hoping to get mine looking ok.
I've always loved these cars since i was small and a bloke on our street had one,I said back then I will have one of those when I'm older........ and now I have.
I've actually had it since 2006 but it needed and still needs a bit of TLC.

looked like this when i got it

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: new member long time visitor
« Reply #1 on: 10:21, Sat 19 November 2011 »
Welcome to the team mate  :D
What are the plans for the little 5?

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:33, Sat 19 November 2011 »
Welcome to the site :-)

DOUGTOAD

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:00, Sat 19 November 2011 »
cheers guys

I did have her all built up with second hand front wings and all the body kit parts that were missing refitted gave her a good polish and drove her round like that for a bit

she looked like this then

when I bought the car it was full of parts that the old owner said he would throw in as he didn't want them!! I never thought it would be as much as he had managed to get in.
there was a K-Tec rear bumper which is still in the gray it comes in from new (but has an attempt at an exhaust cut out in it) I think its a bit big so its just sat in my back garden until I get round to putting it on e-bay.
It also had a set of new ripspeed wheels again never been on the car until I put tyres on them and fitted them on the car to save the new Uniroyal's on the original speedlines for if I ever put her back to bog standard.
I took her off the road Oct 2009 as the timing chain started rattling a bit so have just when time/weather allowed (as I haven't got a garage) been changing the timing chain & tensioner, fitting coil-overs, a front mount intercooler, bit of this and a bit of that.... lol
Ive just fitted this weekend a pair of new rear brake calipers and hand brake cables plus un-seized the fronts so just gota put some fluid in and bleed um as there is no fluid at all in the system at the mo.

I will at some point do a full with pics- from when i got her to how she looks and spec shes running now.

thanks again