Author Topic: Battlefield 3.  (Read 7070 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Battlefield 3.
« on: 23:20, Tue 18 October 2011 »
Battlefield 3.

Anyone on here a fan of FPS? Seen a few adverts on the T.V now, looks really impressive. Been reading it needs some serious hardware to play though (PC gamers).

Discuss.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3.
« Reply #1 on: 23:26, Tue 18 October 2011 »

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:16, Wed 19 October 2011 »
Although they are responsible for me staying indoors for days on end Im a big fan of fps's...... :D

Kind of gutted though, my xbox is dead!!  I would definetley have bought it..

Dear santa...... :lol:  

I have heard it will be better on pc than on consoles....one reason being the insanely large multiplayer available....  looks epic  :mrgreen:

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13:42, Wed 19 October 2011 »
I am waiting for it to come out just got myself a new lappy MSI GT780DX gaming laptop pretty good spec aswell looking forward to playing it.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18:38, Wed 19 October 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"
I am waiting for it to come out just got myself a new lappy MSI GT780DX gaming laptop pretty good spec aswell looking forward to playing it.

At first i cringed when you said laptop.

However, that looks like a capable bit of kit!  8)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:45, Wed 19 October 2011 »
Quote from: "tubbyG"
Although they are responsible for me staying indoors for days on end Im a big fan of fps's...... :D

Kind of gutted though, my xbox is dead!!  I would definetley have bought it..

Dear santa...... :lol:  

I have heard it will be better on pc than on consoles....one reason being the insanely large multiplayer available....  looks epic  :mrgreen:

I imagine the best part about XBox games is buying them and knowing there actually going to work!  :lol:

PC's have that many differnet combinations it can sometimes take a while for them to iron out the bugs, Black Ops was the worst for me (and for a lot of other people) but since the latest patch a couple of months ago it's been fine. I've only had to wait what.....nearly a year for it to work.  :twisted:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20:05, Wed 19 October 2011 »
fps?? the russian dude??
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20:46, Wed 19 October 2011 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Quote from: "James5"

At first i cringed when you said laptop.

However, that looks like a capable bit of kit!  8)

And I haven't got the basic spec one either  :mrgreen: I have 16gb ram, blue ray, SSD drive, and I am about to start overclocking the GPU aswell to see what I can get out of it not sure the CPU can be overclocked as it has an overboost function already on the laptop. With ref to temp's they are very very good even with constant gaming, battery life is poor though.

Big Supes

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19:28, Wed 16 November 2011 »
As a big BF2 fan, I was pretty disappointed with Battlefield 3. They completely balls up the helicopters and the graphics (Xbox) weren't that much of an improvement from BF2.

I ended up trading it in and going back to the darkside - Modern Warfare 3.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20:06, Wed 16 November 2011 »
Quote from: "Big Supes"

good lad  :twisted:

Big Supes

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21:58, Wed 16 November 2011 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"

Haven't looked back to be honest. Infinity Ward have nailed it.  8)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22:15, Wed 16 November 2011 »
As a big BF2 fan, I was pretty disappointed with Battlefield 3. They completely balls up the helicopters and the graphics (Xbox) weren't that much of an improvement from BF2.

I haven't got BF3 yet, more likely after Xmas (hoping to see what Santa brings me)

Worryingly i have heard similar reviews. Some say the Bad Company 2 is still the better game, Battlefield 2 is showing it's age (i had a couple of games over the weekend) but it's still the game i have poured the most hours into online.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22:18, Wed 16 November 2011 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"

Haven't looked back to be honest. Infinity Ward have nailed it.  8)

I'm also expecting MW3.

My only gripe with CoD games is they just feel more of the same.

I can play CoD 4, then Black Ops (i have all the ones inbetween as well) but they all look and feel the same.

Has MW3 got any significant changes? Perhaps an upgraded graphics engine etc, or is it just the same tired old engine?

Either way, i will probably spend hours on it.  :lol:

Big Supes

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22:31, Wed 16 November 2011 »
I haven't got BF3 yet, more likely after Xmas (hoping to see what Santa brings me)

Worryingly i have heard similar reviews. Some say the Bad Company 2 is still the better game, Battlefield 2 is showing it's age (i had a couple of games over the weekend) but it's still the game i have poured the most hours into online.

I would have to agree that Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a better game. They've tried to do too much with the third one which has ruined the simplicity of it. I had real high hopes for BF3... damn shame.

I got sick of the same old routine on COD which is why I went over to Battlefield. Coming back to Modern Warfare has been great though. They ironed out a lot of creases. If you want the noob-tube, you have to sacrifice your sight, and the maps make it a lot harder for people to camp. I'm loving the new guns, customisations, and kill streak rewards. Also forgot how good the graphics were compared to Battlefield.

I think I'll always pop on Bad Company 2 and 1943 from time to time. They're classics.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14:38, Thu 17 November 2011 »

I would have to agree that Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a better game. They've tried to do too much with the third one which has ruined the simplicity of it. I had real high hopes for BF3... damn shame.

I got sick of the same old routine on COD which is why I went over to Battlefield. Coming back to Modern Warfare has been great though. They ironed out a lot of creases. If you want the noob-tube, you have to sacrifice your sight, and the maps make it a lot harder for people to camp. I'm loving the new guns, customisations, and kill streak rewards. Also forgot how good the graphics were compared to Battlefield.

I think I'll always pop on Bad Company 2 and 1943 from time to time. They're classics.

yeh the game play is so diffrent with way u rank up, the perks, ur care pakaegs can ither be offensive or deffensive, loads of extras.. although u cant dive like on black ops :( and the hord (there verison of zombies) is quality, and like mw2 every thing looks and sounds pretty bob on.. unlike bo witch i thought was a bit cartoony and a bit lame (like all of there other games) although it was intended for 3d which not many people have, i still played it to death thou :lol: