Author Topic: storage 5  (Read 2172 times)

MiniStarScream

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
storage 5
« on: 21:28, Mon 23 May 2011 »
Hi guys,

just a few brain picks please,

Ive just bagged me self a tungsten grey phase 2 gt turbo, Its been stood in a garage for 7 years so its a bit of a project,

first question is regarding the fuel, its got a quarter of a tank of 7 year old fuel i was going to disconnect the supply pipe and use the pump to empty the tank into a container, is this wise or will the shitty fuel knacker the pump?

second, ive been given the immobilizer fob which again hasnt been used for 7 years, will it still work? there is no battery in the fob its just a proximety one ? i only ask to eliminate it as a fault incase i cant get it running.

cheers guys, ill get photos up soon

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: storage 5
« Reply #1 on: 21:58, Mon 23 May 2011 »
The fuel pump is external so you should be able to disconnect before the pump and let it drain out.
Give the fob a try and see if it works. If not, pop it open and change the battery.

Get some project pics up mate :) And some of the Golf too  :wink:

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:09, Tue 24 May 2011 »
good find mate

whats it like body wise with rust??

and as above get some pic's up  :D

MiniStarScream

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:48, Tue 24 May 2011 »
cheers, pics to follow as soon as i take some...

as far as body the only real scabby part is the off side rear window in the corner?

is this a common area and is a repair panel available?

other than that,  body looks strong, none sunroof , but i think doors have dropped.

its got stealths on it and an open grill, i'm relatively new to these cars but engine doesnt look standard, not sure in a good way yet,

but early observations i believe the anti perc fan is missing and some pipework around the carb inlet looks butchered, ports blocked off etc....

on the plus side i found a receipt for a t2.5 hybrid turbo and a stack of receipts from 'portformance' for headwork altho searching for this company has not revealed anything. its also stickered up with DP MOTORSPORT stickers :( but again these appear to be a Jap based tuner so not sure of the link.

cheers

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:07, Wed 25 May 2011 »
Quote from: "MiniStarScream"
as far as body the only real scabby part is the off side rear window in the corner?

is this a common area and is a repair panel available?

Is it along the bottom edge of the window? Mine rusted where the join for the window seal was, maybe it's a water trap.

Quote from: "MiniStarScream"
but early observations i believe the anti perc fan is missing and some pipework around the carb inlet looks butchered, ports blocked off etc....

Removal of the anti-perc fan is normal and very common, changes to the pipework might be the 'cup mod' but double check everything that needs to be connected still is, and that the others are blocked off properly.

MiniStarScream

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:01, Sat 22 October 2011 »
well finally arrived to collect the car it looked like this

after plenty of clearing, jacking, oiling, swearing and sweating it was out the garage...

very worrying towing home session

and settled in my garage waiting for its new life

interior is a complete state and not sure of what direction to take the car more investigation and stripping tomorrow!!