Author Topic: Oil pressure indicator  (Read 2500 times)

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Oil pressure indicator
« on: 14:33, Sat 08 October 2011 »
Hello ppl!

My oil indication was never working, the oil light did work though since it goes to a different valve.

So today i cleaned the valve and the 2 cables that go on it with a plastic cover. Nothing.
Decided to take the organs off, so after checking and fixing a bit the small nuts in the back of the organ panel, i put them all back together, and it worked!!!! For 5 mins... yeeee.... :roll: While on the road it showed 3.8 - 4  steadily. After 5 mins it just dropped down and never worked again.

Had a spare panel with bulbs missing , not in very good condition tbh, so i just removed the oil pressure organ from the spare panel and what striked odd was that the needle behaved much more firmly, like it didnt drop immediately down, it dropped slowly. The previous one dropped immediately down so i guessed that was the issue, a faulty organ. So i put it on my own panel. Still nothing.

Any ideas?  I mean why would it work for 5 mins then stop again.

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oil pressure indicator
« Reply #1 on: 16:50, Sat 08 October 2011 »
Try changing the sensor in the engine block. Or it could be dodgy wiring.

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:40, Sat 08 October 2011 »
I wanted to avoid that since today i put new 60e oil :P

Yes that's an option but an expensive one, the thing is that it worked while i played with the nuts behind the panel, so i'm more towards the panel right now.

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:06, Sun 09 October 2011 »
Try cleaning up the circuit terminals on the back of the clocks with some scotch bright. Make sure the nuts that hold the gauge in place are not loose and that the copper washers are in place.

When the oil pressure gauge does not work it is usually the sensor or the wiring. I would investigate that first.

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:57, Sun 09 October 2011 »
Ty for answer mate, ye it's probably the sensor, it just strike me odd that it worked after i meesed about with the panel. I already cleaned it and the washers are there. I'll wait for the next oil change cause its a shame to throw new pricey oil.

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20:46, Sun 09 October 2011 »
You don't need to drain the oil to change the sensor. The sensor simply unscrews from the block with no loss of oil.

If you say that it sometimes works it sounds like a dodgy connection. Try cleaning up the connectors as they can get oily and dirty.

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:27, Sun 09 October 2011 »
Oh o thought it was inside the oils level sumped. Wow good news! :D