Author Topic: GT Turbo Production Timespan.  (Read 3946 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
GT Turbo Production Timespan.
« on: 18:58, Tue 04 October 2011 »
Can someone please confirm the year the GT Turbo was first made, and the year the last one rolled off the line.

From Ph1 onwards. My neighbour can make vinyl stickers and i have an idea i want to put forward to him.

Thank You.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: GT Turbo Production Timespan.
« Reply #1 on: 21:20, Tue 04 October 2011 »
According to online sources the 1st Ph1 rolled off the production line in March 1985 and the last of the Ph2's were available new until 1991 although not sure when in '91..

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:23, Tue 04 October 2011 »
That said..! I'm sure people on here have talked about a few very rare k-reg GTTs which wouldn't have been registered until at least 1st August 1992 so could be 1985-1992?!  :?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:27, Tue 04 October 2011 »
This is why i wanted to double check.

I thought the last of the GT Turbos were the white 'J' plates.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23:25, Wed 05 October 2011 »
I think I've got it wrong actually :oops:  It is the J-platers people were talking about. None were made in K-plate at all dunno where I got that from?! IIRC most of the raiders were 1990 H-reg models and there were a few rare J-platers produced right at the end of production so pretty sure the production run is 1985-91

sean6gtt

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23:28, Wed 05 October 2011 »
Quote from: "5-Mission"
According to online sources the 1st Ph1 rolled off the production line in March 1985 and the last of the Ph2's were available new until 1991 although not sure when in '91..

I remember seeing White K-reg r5gtt way back at early R5GTT owners club gatherings in late 1990's, am told they are very rare and also few special edition r5gtts from Radbourne Racing who commission late model J or K reg White GTTs with green leather interior!

Sean

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:45, Wed 05 October 2011 »
Quote from: "sean6gtt"

I remember seeing White K-reg r5gtt way back at early R5GTT owners club gatherings in late 1990's, am told they are very rare and also few special edition r5gtts from Radbourne Racing who commission late model J or K reg White GTTs with green leather interior!

Sean
That wasn't a special edition benneton one by any chance was it?

sean6gtt

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:02, Thu 06 October 2011 »
Quote from: "sean6gtt"

Sean

That wasn't a special edition benneton one by any chance was it?

Yeah, that's the one, sold by Radbourne Racing @ Wimbeldon (sp?)

Sean

mgree10

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13:38, Thu 06 October 2011 »
hi, i remember seeing a k plate 5 turbo white,in the showroom of the renault dealer on scotswood road in newcastle back in the day,car had been pre regd and can only imagine it was definately sold.......

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16:10, Thu 06 October 2011 »
C-K reg, AFAIK, very few K reg ones as said above, maybe they were the few left over & registered late. It would be interesting to see the date on the logbook of a K plate, never seen one myself, seen a few J reg though.

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22:23, Thu 06 October 2011 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
C-K reg, AFAIK, very few K reg ones as said above, maybe they were the few left over & registered late. It would be interesting to see the date on the logbook of a K plate, never seen one myself, seen a few J reg though.

Thats it mate, the 5 gt turbo was made up to the late H-plate, all J-reg and the few K-reg ones are just the cars left over from the production line that were never sold/registered in the H-reg period.
My old J-reg car was first registered in Nov 1991 but would have been made good 5months before that.
From what i remember there were 5 K-reg cars, think 2 or 3 still exsist
Remember the Clio first come out on H and J-reg
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21:40, Sun 16 October 2011 »
5 k-plates.  3 white, 2 grey - If you believe the rumours.

I saw a white k-plate go to Ireland, where it was transferred to Irish plates, so that's one gone.  I nearly bought a white one on a k a fair few years back with a mate, because it was up for pennies.  We had too many gtt's between us at the time, so we didn't bother  :lol: .  I've never seen a grey one though.

As has been said, any j's (of which there are plenty) and k's, are just cars that were built and sat around for ages, before being registered/sold.
Been around these cars for too damn long!

kidsrs

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18:44, Thu 20 October 2011 »
March 1985 the year and month i was born!