Author Topic: every day use?  (Read 2715 times)

gt5rob

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
every day use?
« on: 20:46, Fri 30 September 2011 »
hey there, any chance of someone telling me what kind of boost is recommended for every day use? im currently restoring the body work on my gtt, hoping to get it on the road by Christmas, before the cold weather sets in  :roll:
thanks alot  :wink:

s3irios

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: every day use?
« Reply #1 on: 22:38, Fri 30 September 2011 »
I'm using it for an every day car for a few time now. The thing is if youre interested in fuel economy. If yes, then u can rest at 7psi, while having some boost. It all depends on the turbo and the engine's condition ofc.
If you don't mind about consumption too much, i have it at 14psi with a T25 on. THe turbo kicks in after 3.1k rpm and it only spools high if i press the throttle too much.
It's pretty good going 100km/h or 62mp/h that is, while turbo rests.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:38, Sat 01 October 2011 »
If you keep the main jet standard you shouldn't have to much of a leap in fuel consumption in 'normal' driving.

For example i run 22PSI and the car isn't noticeably thirsty. That's everyday driving. If i give it some poke then the needle does start heading south quicker.

Fuelling needs to be setup if running anything other then stock though.  :idea:

gt5rob

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:49, Sat 01 October 2011 »
That's great guys thanks, as it's not only my first turbo it's also only my second car, I think everything on the 5 is pretty much standard, when I get the body work finished, I will get it on a rolling road and get everything set to the correct psi, I would like it at 7-10, hopefully it won't hit any snags then :roll:

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:27, Sun 02 October 2011 »
Quote from: "gt5rob"
That's great guys thanks, as it's not only my first turbo it's also only my second car, I think everything on the 5 is pretty much standard, when I get the body work finished, I will get it on a rolling road and get everything set to the correct psi, I would like it at 7-10, hopefully it won't hit any snags then :roll:

For 7-10psi just stick with the standard carb, anything after 12-14 then will be worth checking is fueling right
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

gt5rob

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:39, Sun 02 October 2011 »
will do, im not too sure what it is set at right now, is there any way of checking ?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21:40, Sun 02 October 2011 »
Only way to check is measure the size of the carb jets, that'll telll you if its standard or not
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

gt5rob

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21:45, Sun 02 October 2011 »
ok thanks :) gonna rebuild the carb anyway so i can check things like that when i do that