Author Topic: Tracking  (Read 2242 times)

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ninebarsoundsystem.com/.
Tracking
« on: 12:48, Fri 30 September 2011 »
Think my tracking is a bit out, wondering if I take it to a garage to have looked at, does having the car lowered and on aftermarket alloys effect the settings from the standard factory set up?

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking
« Reply #1 on: 17:17, Fri 30 September 2011 »
It'll still adjust the same, if that's what you mean?

If you lower the car it'll play about with the alignment a bit so worth getting checked.
Same as if you change any bushes and things.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:29, Fri 30 September 2011 »
i slammd my car last year, there was about 1inch from the floor to bottom of the bumper.. drove the tracking mental. but there was only one garage i could find that would track a car as low as mine, and even they had trouble doing it.. still ended up doing it by eye, and they cracked a rear arch... dident charge me fa tho
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ninebarsoundsystem.com/.
« Reply #3 on: 00:33, Sat 01 October 2011 »
what i want to know is will the tracking  and alignment etc change when a car is lowered and put on different alloys from standard and how would you know what the new settings would be if it does change.

If I take my car to an experience garaged would they just know what to do?

i'm guessing kwik fit aint the place to get a modified car looked at! :lol:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:10, Sat 01 October 2011 »
My friend tracked mine at kwikfit. We had to pinch some wood from a skip to get it on the ramp  :lol:
If you find one with people that know what they're doing, it'll be fine  :D Spray the tie rod ends up before to free them up a bit.

If you lower the car, get it checked. Different wheels shouldn't change anything though.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:48, Sat 01 October 2011 »
Quote from: "Jeff Ninebar"
what i want to know is will the tracking  and alignment etc change when a car is lowered and put on different alloys from standard and how would you know what the new settings would be if it does change.

If I take my car to an experience garaged would they just know what to do?

i'm guessing kwik fit aint the place to get a modified car looked at! :lol:

yeh deffo the lower u go the more toe in or out u get, and when u go low low it dose get a bit rediculars, but u can if u wanted do it on ur drive...  agagin when i had mine done the guy eyed em up most the way any way, then they did the tiny bit of fine tuning with the lights/lazers things, to get it perfect

Bunje

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:41, Fri 07 October 2011 »
try and find somewhere local to you that has a hunter tracking machine. the allignment bits fit on the face of the wheel. and i supposed to be the most accurate.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:08, Fri 07 October 2011 »
Quote from: "Bunje"
try and find somewhere local to you that has a hunter tracking machine. the allignment bits fit on the face of the wheel. and i supposed to be the most accurate.

is that the one that they push inbetween where the rubber meets the rim?? with the mirrors n everything??