Author Topic: Best induction kit vs original air box  (Read 2487 times)

juha5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Best induction kit vs original air box
« on: 10:00, Sat 24 September 2011 »
Ok whats the best performancing induction kit out there for renault 5 gtt..k&n 57i, powertec, pipercross (viper) etc..
Or is original airbox as well good, just usin like k&n filter or pipercross filter? Have you done any tests?  :)

regards
Juha

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Best induction kit vs original air box
« Reply #1 on: 13:42, Sat 24 September 2011 »
I would say its more about where you position the filter rather than the type. Most sit next to the turbo on a telephone hose which is the worst place possible.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14:30, Sat 24 September 2011 »
yeh i agree mate, if u can move it from just by the turbo to some where a little less heated,

and if u got a set of those morret headlights u can build ur self a nice cold air feed / ram induction's  i tried to build a little box for mine  but when i fitted it i realised it leakd like a siv.. looks cool and shiny though, (the piper cross advert on ebay shows the cold air box.. but after asking found that they only sell the air filter and they dont make the cold air boxes any more)

as for product im not to sure ither, i would have thought to some extent the bigger the filter the more air u can get down it.. but then ur still restricted by the size of the pipe that connects turbo to filter
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14:38, Sat 24 September 2011 »
Mines behind where the fog light used to be  :wink:

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15:28, Sat 24 September 2011 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
yeh i agree mate, if u can move it from just by the turbo to some where a little less heated,

and if u got a set of those morret headlights u can build your self a nice cold air feed / ram induction's  i tried to build a little box for mine  but when i fitted it i realised it leakd like a siv.. looks cool and shiny though, (the piper cross advert on ebay shows the cold air box.. but after asking found that they only sell the air filter and they dont make the cold air boxes any more)

as for product im not to sure ither, i would have thought to some extent the bigger the filter the more air u can get down it.. but then your still restricted by the size of the pipe that connects turbo to filter

Mine used to be in a similar location, if you are unable to move matey stick with the OE air box and K&N element.

I have always like the green cotton powerflow induction kit's had my last one in the scuttle area but then it was easier for me as I was running f7pt turbo in my 5

juha5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19:21, Sat 24 September 2011 »
Thanks for these advices and opinions. :)
I quess i just keep oe box at this time.
Juha