Author Topic: New bloke old 5  (Read 8492 times)

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: New bloke old 5
« Reply #15 on: 11:10, Mon 19 September 2011 »
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your progress its always good to see another project thread.  :D

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13:07, Mon 19 September 2011 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
From memory, phase 1.5 is the crossover point from phase 1 to phase 2, I think they went fully colour coded & changed the exterior/interior over, nothing 'special' about them but I don't think you see many in pearl white anymore, I've seen D & E reg ones. Your AEI (coil & vacuum module) will be inside the engine bay above the turbo like phase 1's, the phase 2 went into the scuttle IIRC.
There was a write up somewhere with some history if memory serves me right, I'll see if I can find it, if not James will know.
Thanks mate as I would love to see any info you can find or point me towards.

You are right about that unit being just above the turbo I've just been down to the garage to check. Funny really as the turbo gets really hot heat-shield or not.
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13:59, Mon 19 September 2011 »
Quote from: "tubbyG"
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your progress its always good to see another project thread.  :D

Cheers mate

I've been talking about it for so many years I have to get on with it soon or we will all be driving around in electric flying cars and I will still be dithering over my wheel choice :lol:
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

VintageSpeed

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:15, Mon 26 September 2011 »
yes keep it pearl white, please.

Hard to find and especially if you're going standard, it's the color to have.

As for the Fase 1,5 it's difficult to determine.

I have a 01/1988 reg GTT too and I have a cooled turbo, the sensors are already moved, have a the faseII exterior and interior patterns, but the console is faseI and the windows open manually.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13:26, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Quote from: "VintageSpeed"
yes keep it pearl white, please.

Hard to find and especially if you're going standard, it's the color to have.

As for the Fase 1,5 it's difficult to determine.

I have a 01/1988 reg GTT too and I have a cooled turbo, the sensors are already moved, have a the faseII exterior and interior patterns, but the console is faseI and the windows open manually.
Cheers mate and I will keep it pearlescent.

Do you know of any links where I can research this?

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20:25, Wed 28 September 2011 »
Have you seen the pearl on ebay at the moment? 1 owner, V nice, V expensive!

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:56, Fri 30 September 2011 »
Cheers mate I just looked 8)

That's very steep even though it's in top nick :o  does'nt look as nice on the phase one as it does on mine though :mrgreen:

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22:42, Sat 25 February 2012 »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the door cards on the phase 1 are covered in a different material to the phase 2?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:33, Sun 26 February 2012 »
Quote from: "cosmicrayturbo"
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the door cards on the phase 1 are covered in a different material to the phase 2?

Phase 1 are vinyl. Phase 2 are fabric.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:27, Sun 26 February 2012 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Quote from: "cosmicrayturbo"

Phase 1 are vinyl. Phase 2 are fabric.

Cheers mate

Mine are vinyl. Starting to understand a bit more about this now. Facets of both phases in one car.