Author Topic: T25 Turbo  (Read 3617 times)

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ninebarsoundsystem.com/.
T25 Turbo
« on: 15:46, Tue 06 September 2011 »
I just picked up 2nd hand Turbo very cheap, its a Turbo Technics stage 3 T25/T25 .48 A/R comp and .49 A/R exhaust.

Does any one have any experience with this unit, I was looking for a T25/T2 for normal road driving on the standard cam, but as it was cheap I went for it. Doing some research I have read that a cam change may be needed with the T25/T25? how laggy are these units as well?

I also want to get some nice braided hose to go on the top turbo feed, what size fitting is it?

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: T25 Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 16:51, Tue 06 September 2011 »
I think this is the one that was for sale on here, The connectors are different so you may need to go down to your local pirtec or pipe place and get one made up. You should be ok running it with a standard cam

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:07, Tue 06 September 2011 »
I've had a couple of Rover T25's, i think the spec is about the same. Im sure mine had a .49 rear.

It will be quite laggy, i remember full boost being around 4'000RPM, so you definately need to keep it screaming to get the most from it. I ran mine with a standard cam without issues, something like a 285 will keep making power beyond 6'000RPM.

On a positive note, sitting on the motorway @ 70MPH, the turbo didn't read anything. Possible fuel economy gains!  :D

juha5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:06, Tue 06 September 2011 »
Hmm.. how high rpm full boost comes like t25 rear .64 then? If .49 comes about 4k rpm.
And have anyone experience with GT2554R with .64 rear? I read somewhere that full boost comes 1k rpm lower compared to older t25 with .64 or was it .62. And do i need 285 cam with GT2554R?
regards,
Juha

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:25, Tue 06 September 2011 »
Don't go for .64 rear, its too large. I have tried it on my tungy 5 recently and don't get full boost untill 5000rpm and thats with a 285 cam dialed in at 112deg.
Now my turbo is T28 off the 200SX so not too sure if the wheel trim i'm using is different to the wheel trim you have as this may make difference but from years of experinece i would stick with the .49 rear.
Also the .49 can spool up sooner then 4000rpm, using smaller wheels will help this and if your engine breaths better this will help too.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

juha5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:32, Tue 06 September 2011 »
is it GT2554R with .64 fast spooler becouse dual ball bearings?
Any experiences anyone with this model?
Juha

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17:08, Wed 07 September 2011 »
Quote from: "juha5gtt"
is it GT2554R with .64 fast spooler becouse dual ball bearings?
Any experiences anyone with this model?
Juha

You may find it spools every so slightly better but it will all depend oin what cam, exhaust and exhaust elbow you are using.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18:04, Wed 07 September 2011 »
Quote from: "DeanGT5"
I think this is the one that was for sale on here, The connectors are different so you may need to go down to your local pirtec or pipe place and get one made up. You should be ok running it with a standard cam

yep, just found the sale add in the classifieds, it is that unit. not sure how the boost was being lost as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the turbo mechanically. the square exhaust section looks like it was leaking air around the gasket as there is black soot lines in one corner so this may have been something to do with it...find out this weekend when i try fitting it :lol:

really need to know the thread size for the turbo oil feed, anyone? will the standard T2 feed fit?

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #8 on: 18:09, Wed 07 September 2011 »
Quote from: "Jeff Ninebar"
Quote from: "DeanGT5"

yep, just found the sale add in the classifieds, it is that unit. not sure how the boost was being lost as there does seem to be anything wrong with the turbo mechanically. the square exhaust section looks like it was leaking air around tghe gasket as there is black soot lines in one corner so this have been something to do with it...find out this weekend when i tryu fitting it :lol:

really need to know the thread size for the turbo oil feed, anyone? will the standard T2 feed fit?

You need to get the turbo and the oil feed pipe down to your local pirtek and ask them to find you an adaptor

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18:51, Wed 07 September 2011 »
i was hopeing to avoid a trip to the shops and do it all online as i'm working away all week but thanks for the info i'll find my local pirtek on saturday.