Author Topic: rattly r5  (Read 2799 times)

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
rattly r5
« on: 17:22, Wed 31 August 2011 »
hi wondering if anybody could help
i dont know if the turbos rattle but my campus does from the parcel shelf area. i have managed to quite it down a little with a few sponges but is there a way to stop it?

p.s  i dont really mind the rattle because it drowns out my missus complaining about it and her comparing my car to the snail rides at theme parks  :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: rattly r5
« Reply #1 on: 17:32, Wed 31 August 2011 »
Check the side panels are tight, parcel shelf is sat in clips and also check if the boot lid doesn't have any movement in it, may need the stops adjusting.

Ifs it quite a bad rattle then may be looking at poss suspension but depends on how bad rattle is
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:28, Wed 31 August 2011 »
My car rattles like mad from around the boot area, but i expect my suspension is somewhat firmer then that of a campus?

Just a case of making sure everything is tight, but in a car this old you have to expect it.  :D

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:31, Wed 31 August 2011 »
I actually really like the rattles in mine. My girlfriend hates it very, very much though!
I know the main rattle in mine is from the rubber bit on the bootlid that shuts down to the parcel shelf. I've been meaning to take it off for nearly 4 years. Hahaha.

brainz

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 00:32, Thu 01 September 2011 »
didnt think about the boot door will have to check tomorrow. dont think it would be suspension as passed mot last week. the bits that the parcel shelf sits on i took theses of and put sponge behind them.

the rattles are not bad but a little annoying at the moment because i havent got a radio in the car so im stuck listening to rattle and roll fm.  i will find  the cure and post for anybody who interested

edit

it was a combination of
the plastic trim where the boot lock is on the out side
a plastic cover covering the rear screen wiper
and the parcel shelf ledges where the original speakers are