Author Topic: im having a nightmare  (Read 1846 times)

grizzlymonkyboy

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
im having a nightmare
« on: 17:23, Sun 21 August 2011 »
having bought my 1st car i wanted to do things myself like fit some new seats and stuff

prob is i have just messed it right up, i bought some seats thinking they should just replace the old ones but they dont, so i thought oi would take off the rails off my old one and put them on my new seats and the holes dont match up and now i cant get the old seats back to gether

to make it all worse i attemped the drives seat not passengers so now i have a car i cant frigging move

can some one please advise me what i can can do to solve this hole big mess?

Thanks in advance

Dane

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: im having a nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 21:58, Sun 21 August 2011 »
What seats were in it, and what are you trying to put in?
Are they original Renault 5 seats or Buckets or something?

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22:02, Sun 21 August 2011 »
I pm,d him and hes sorted, bolted the passenger seat in the drivers side  :wink:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:51, Sun 21 August 2011 »
Not the 1st time this type of post has appeared on here! You can make any seats fit. I fitted honda CRX seats many years back you just have to chop the runners about a bit, align them in the car for where you want the seats and weld them to the bases  8)

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:28, Fri 26 August 2011 »
Quote from: "5-Mission"
Not the 1st time this type of post has appeared on here! You can make any seats fit. I fitted honda CRX seats many years back you just have to chop the runners about a bit, align them in the car for where you want the seats and weld them to the bases  8)

got to agree any seat can fit. i was going to fit crx seats in mine but couldnt find any at the time so i went for toyota celica seats. they are very tight fit and was a pain i the butt to fit . making the rails/frame to fit the different bolt placements was the easy part

fordy

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:36, Fri 26 August 2011 »
i think the passenger seat will fit the drivers side but obviously the controls wont be on the right sides lol