Author Topic: car audio installer  (Read 4246 times)

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
car audio installer
« on: 12:24, Sat 06 August 2011 »
hi peeps any1 having car audio problems or you need an install im available for work you can contact me on 07539 116 116  DDM AUDIO
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: car audio installer
« Reply #1 on: 20:18, Thu 25 August 2011 »
heres a question for you i brought a new mtx thunder sub a while ago and have powered it up but after pumping some serious bass though it, it started to smoke any ideas

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:40, Sun 18 September 2011 »
Quote from: modfather
heres a question for you i brought a new mtx thunder sub a while ago and have powered it up but after pumping some serious bass though it, it started to smoke any ideas
you needed to run the sub in its got a motor and is like an engine if you just get in and give it all its got somethings going to give, the smoke is more than likely the plastic coating they cover the voicecoil in as you gave your sub some welly the voicecoil will heat up as do most electrical components when run hard, now this is what matters to you as to answer your question, if you carried on playing the sub but at a lower volume this will allow the voicecoil to retain its shape and to cool down better this is with quality subs 9 times out of ten, but some people will instantly shut off the system and without the sub moving the coil seizes and thats when you find your sub has horrible grating sounds coming from behind the cone thats if it doesnt seize solid and wont move at all. a little smoke here and there isnt to bad in competion grade subs as long as you know what your doing and smoke should only be in the first few weeks to months of running a sub in, if your  constently smoking your killing your setup hope that helps. i can do big bass setups so if you want help just shout
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

hypeboy

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:03, Thu 08 March 2012 »
hi sir i have a car audio problem you might help me with this :(. I have purchased a kenwood KDC-X8016BT car cd mp3 turner, i have put songs onto my usb stick and wen i play it, it will play part of a song and then cuts out.thank you sir

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:36, Thu 08 March 2012 »
do you know hwere i can get a recone kit for the mtx subwoofer

hypeboy

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:40, Fri 09 March 2012 »
there are a lot of sites that are selling recone kit for the mtx subwoofer just try to google sir :)