Author Topic: Dashboard question  (Read 1674 times)

davidbuttigieg

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Dashboard question
« on: 19:13, Sat 30 July 2011 »
Hi mates,

Well my dashboard centre (where the air vents, clock, knobs, ash tray, dials, etc. sit) is starting to crack in some places but the rest of the dashboard (where it has that 'leather' feeling) is still in very good nic. Can I replace all the centre but leave the rest in place ? cos I have a rollcage and its a nightmare to remove!!

Cheers  :D

David.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dashboard question
« Reply #1 on: 21:51, Sat 30 July 2011 »
It might be possible.

I think the lighter grey plastic section is riveted or maybe melted to the black section, if you break your current cracked one away, then find a replacement you might be able to use some strong adhesive to stick it on with.

PhoenixAutosport

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:12, Sun 31 July 2011 »
is the damage realy bad or could you mask up the black part then fill the cracks in the plastic and spray the centre section with vinylcoat, not ideal but a repair that could be done in situ

davidbuttigieg

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20:10, Thu 11 August 2011 »
Quote from: "PhoenixAutosport"
is the damage realy bad or could you mask up the black part then fill the cracks in the plastic and spray the centre section with vinylcoat, not ideal but a repair that could be done in situ

it's not that bad, till now! but Maltese roads are an utter nightmare and my car is fitted with GAZ coilovers..

Yeah could do but I'd prefer fitting a replacement then repairing my current one -- I think there are more cracks at the back where they can not be seen and may soon grow bigger

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:34, Wed 17 August 2011 »
You can separate the grey and vinyl type bit. There's tabs behind it that are bonded together. They might be plastic welded on those spots... I can't remember now but it definitely does come apart.