Author Topic: smokey turbo  (Read 2307 times)

nadgtt1982

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • View Profile
smokey turbo
« on: 20:18, Mon 25 July 2011 »
I think my turbo is the cause of the smoke so will need a rebuild :x how much am i looking at to get this sorted and any reccomended places, thought id mention that its a ktec 230 t25 that has only covered around 400miles (this is making it harder to swallow) it has minimal side to side play and no in or out, no oil going into cooler pipes.

fordy

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 242
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #1 on: 20:34, Mon 25 July 2011 »
it'll be leaking thru the rear seal fella onto the hot exhaust side causing your smoking

any good turbo specalist will be able to rebuild it. cr turbos are good for rebuilds, turbo technics only every wanna sell you one of their hybrids no matter what the car is

5teve L

  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3540
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #2 on: 09:49, Tue 26 July 2011 »
Make sure it's the turbo 1st, then if it is ring up MArk @ CR & ask for his advice :)
They will send a courier to pick it up as well IIRC.

nadgtt1982

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #3 on: 15:03, Tue 26 July 2011 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
Make sure it's the turbo 1st, then if it is ring up MArk @ CR & ask for his advice :)
They will send a courier to pick it up as well IIRC.

Cheers fellas i will give them a bell, any ideas on price i dont want to be really shocked when i ring them :lol:.

What does this IIRC mean i keep seeing it  :?

Marshall

  • 170BHP Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #4 on: 16:12, Tue 26 July 2011 »
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

smithyr5gt

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #5 on: 19:41, Tue 26 July 2011 »
i agree cr turbos are very good. they know there sh1t! thats where mine was sorted! cant remember how much but i remember being pleasantly surpised.
i took mine to them and they sent it back to me next day for free and they suplied me with new water inlet and outlet pipes. for free.
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

nadgtt1982

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #6 on: 19:53, Tue 26 July 2011 »
Quote from: "Marshall"
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

Oh yes, bloody text speak, whatever happened to good old english written  :lol:

nadgtt1982

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #7 on: 19:55, Tue 26 July 2011 »
Quote from: "smithyr5gt"
i agree cr turbos are very good. they know there sh1t! thats where mine was sorted! cant remember how much but i remember being pleasantly surpised.
i took mine to them and they sent it back to me next day for free and they suplied me with new water inlet and outlet pipes. for free.

Sounds good smithy thats three recomendations for them 8) ill ring them tommorow

smithyr5gt

  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 497
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #8 on: 20:09, Tue 26 July 2011 »
happy to help fella.  :D

car failed its mot!!! :(
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

Ash-Lee

  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4208
    • View Profile
Re: smokey turbo
« Reply #9 on: 23:06, Tue 26 July 2011 »
Quote from: "nadgtt1982"
Quote from: "Marshall"
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

Oh yes, bloody text speak, whatever happened to good old english written  :lol:

'IIRC' is a perfectly valid abbreviation. AFAIK.  :D

Come to think about it, isn't it ironic how abbreviation is such a long word?!