Author Topic: MY OLD CAR  (Read 2974 times)

cass69

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
MY OLD CAR
« on: 17:15, Thu 21 July 2011 »
hello people havent posted on hear for while but keep having a look to see whats going on with peoples projects i found my old five last nite on gumtree for sale 600 F762 RJM i put a lot of money in to that car now it looks a mess it has a stupid spoiler on and a stupid rear bumper fair enough if that is your tast but why make them look s..t the front fogs are missing its got standard gt wheels on the front and turbines on the back i put standard front seats in now its got bucket ones back in honestly some people have a look folks see what you think sorry for the rant  :evil:

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: MY OLD CAR
« Reply #1 on: 17:20, Thu 21 July 2011 »
You got a link to it?

Know how you feel though, i sold my old blue 5 few years ago now and it looked lovely. Saw it at Ace Cafe about 18months later and all i can say was i was embarrassed to say i built it, it was a right mess.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

cass69

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:25, Thu 21 July 2011 »
i dont know how to do a link mate if you go on gumtree its about the third one down you carnt miss it i have e-mailed the seller see if he can e-mail me some pics of the interior and engine bay the advert says its got a big turbo on it i am going to try and get it back

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:28, Thu 21 July 2011 »
Just seen it, yeah does need a fair bit of work to bring that back to scratch
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22:11, Thu 21 July 2011 »
What a waste.

Howcome you sold up? Last thing i saw was you only just had it resprayed and it was looking really fresh.  8)

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:30, Fri 22 July 2011 »
Just had a look, not good

Had to read twice, I though he put "BABYLISS dump valve"
 :lol:  :lol:

cass69

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15:31, Fri 22 July 2011 »
i sold it because i needed something a bit bigger at the time i wish i didnt now it looked awsome when i got it painted yeah it wasnt the best 5 out there but looked repectable and everyone loved it but i carnt understand why they did that to a good looking 5

littledaz

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:38, Mon 01 August 2011 »
Quote from: "cass69"
hello people havent posted on hear for while but keep having a look to see whats going on with peoples projects i found my old five last nite on gumtree for sale 600 F762 RJM i put a lot of money in to that car now it looks a mess it has a stupid spoiler on and a stupid rear bumper fair enough if that is your tast but why make them look s..t the front fogs are missing its got standard gt wheels on the front and turbines on the back i put standard front seats in now its got bucket ones back in honestly some people have a look folks see what you think sorry for the rant  :evil:

If it makes you feel any better, I was going to buy this and do a factory restoration on it, as it's in my area. But it was sold which annoyed me that I hadn't thought to look on gumtree before!