Author Topic: Help with a head unit  (Read 3422 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Help with a head unit
« on: 01:19, Sun 10 July 2011 »
alright guys ive seen a head unit i like and maybe some flasshy lcd sun-visors just wondering if any one on here who understands the electrical equipment could let me no if the head unit's any good and will work with the lcd sun-visors ?

the head unit

http://www.yonies.com/pidD.asp?chk=1&PI ... s&rf=frguk

sun-visor's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-12-2-BLACK-TF ... 2a11d232b2

let me no on ur thoughts

nice one
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

robx1r

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a head unit
« Reply #1 on: 02:10, Sun 10 July 2011 »
hey mate yeah it would work but to run the 2 of them you might need to boost the signal on them or the quality would suffer!

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:23, Sun 10 July 2011 »
one of the sites selling those sun visors was giving a free signal boooster with it, and as long as it will work togeather it should be all cool, nice one for the time dude thanks

robx1r

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:56, Sun 10 July 2011 »
you will probably need an rca splitter they're around ten euro in halfruads

PhoenixAutosport

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23:42, Sat 16 July 2011 »
that site selling the head unit is selling the american version, this means the video format will be NTSC, the visors are uk versions so work on the PAL video format, so the items you posted wont work together.

so long as you buy the uk version of the head unit which will output the composite video in PAL format you will be fine hooking up those monitors to it, to avoid video losses use good quality co-axial cable for the video signals and you shouldnt need a booster for just 2 screens in visors as the cable runs from the head unit will be pretty short

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13:05, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Quote from: "PhoenixAutosport"
that site selling the head unit is selling the american version, this means the video format will be NTSC, the visors are uk versions so work on the PAL video format, so the items you posted wont work together.

so long as you buy the uk version of the head unit which will output the composite video in PAL format you will be fine hooking up those monitors to it, to avoid video losses use good quality co-axial cable for the video signals and you shouldnt need a booster for just 2 screens in visors as the cable runs from the head unit will be pretty short

safe nice one, i was gonna buy from uk site as after import tax n shit, it will work out about the same as buying it from the uk, and ill get it a bit quicker, im not sure about the sun visors though i dont think they will sit flush in the roof lining recess and i havent got my car to measure em  :cry: