Author Topic: LANDROVER DISCOVERY TD3  (Read 4057 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
LANDROVER DISCOVERY TD3
« on: 23:23, Thu 07 July 2011 »
my forman in work has forgotten to sort the coolent in the disco out and now the engines sized  :lol: .. my old mans on about having him write it off and bying it cheap... is there any one on here that has any history with landrover ??
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

shakes

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: LANDROVER DISCOVERY TD3
« Reply #1 on: 12:50, Mon 11 July 2011 »
The guy i work with who is a mechanic is into theys, you should give him a ring he will be able to give you all the advice you need.
hes a nice guy and loves to natter heres his number 07901734968
his name's matt just tell him luke gave you his number.

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:56, Mon 11 July 2011 »
I take it you mean the TD5, remove the glow plugs and the accesories belt and see if it will turn on the crank? use a breaker bar as you won't be able to do it by hand on the TD5 big fecking engine.

More thank likely blown H/G, and a cracked head as they are prone to crack on these anyway, prob also over heated the oil aswell due to the lack of coolant so could also be a factor over the seizue.  Did no warning light's come on?

I would be trying to turn engine by the crank first if that fail's it need to come apart anyway,  they are fairly easy engines to work on just big and everything is bloody heavy.  Might be worth checking out cost of working used engine as they can prob be had for under 1k off a Landrover forum

You can buy my Landy TD5 if you want :mrgreen:  as I fancy a change and something quicker :lol:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:14, Mon 11 July 2011 »
na its defiantly a td3 dude

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... x=61&ty=42

and yeh a few times i noticed the low coolant warning light on.. but my forman (who never dose anything wrong) said he had filled it up but the warning stayd on, i no it might be a masssssive thing that i might have forgotten but they supposed to have a survive every 15000miles i think we had done about 30 science the last one,

and yeh my old man sais they not meant to be to hard to work on.. but like u said james everything is much bigger, ill get on the forum and have a ask  :)
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:24, Tue 12 July 2011 »
:lol:  Well they have that labelled wrong it's not an Audi :lol:

That model is the Tdv6 the shape after mine, very nice has the twin turbo's on that model I think aswell jag / ford engine

Rupx

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15:07, Tue 19 July 2011 »
Try on here http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/ really helpful . I go on there with my range rover, they all know their stuff  :mrgreen: