Author Topic: helluvaday!!!  (Read 2713 times)

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
helluvaday!!!
« on: 20:59, Sun 19 June 2011 »
right

As you've probably guessed by all the wanteds i've put up i'm having trouble with my 5...long story short i've been having trouble with high HC's and also bad idling and crap brakes,all of which have now been traced back to a leaking brake servo cockin up the emissions and making the pedal crap.
Yesterday i  bought a used 1 as i bought a seal kit from renault that looked seriously alien,i mean i'll tackle most things but DAMN!!!,
came to fit it today thinking how hard can it be...4 nuts to secure...2 for the master cylinder and a pin for the pedal...easy i thought....how wrong was i!,2 nuts for the master cylinder but the pipes wont let it come far enough away to move the servo,fair enough i'll undo the brake pipes....cant do that without moving anti perc pipework,then theres the matter of how it comes out of the engine bay...the bottom by removing the shaft or the way i did it,from the top as follows :evil:
1.remove water/vac/boost hoses from carb
2.remove carb from manifold
3.remove inlet manifold
4.curse at he chronic backache as a result of stages 1-3
5.deep breath and carry on removing the servo from engine bay
6.curse more shoutin "i always win you b**tard" at the car
7.work in reverse from stages 5-1 enduring even more backache.
8.bleed brakes and take time to relax your back lying on the scabby bit of carpet that every 5 owner should have
9.start up and marvel while grinning cheshire cat like at the firm pedal and perfect idle
10 return to your home while having a quick glance back from your front door thinking "i love that car"

Anyway you may well be thinking what a load of pointles rambling (probably true) but i thought i'd share it with you all anyway.

Yours...sat at home with a brew :wink:

Lee

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: helluvaday!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21:43, Sun 19 June 2011 »
Quote from: "leekeefy"
right

As you've probably guessed by all the wanteds i've put up i'm having trouble with my 5...long story short i've been having trouble with high HC's and also bad idling and crap brakes,all of which have now been traced back to a leaking brake servo cockin up the emissions and making the pedal crap.
Yesterday i  bought a used 1 as i bought a seal kit from renault that looked seriously alien,i mean i'll tackle most things but DAMN!!!,
came to fit it today thinking how hard can it be...4 nuts to secure...2 for the master cylinder and a pin for the pedal...easy i thought....how wrong was i!,2 nuts for the master cylinder but the pipes wont let it come far enough away to move the servo,fair enough i'll undo the brake pipes....cant do that without moving anti perc pipework,then theres the matter of how it comes out of the engine bay...the bottom by removing the shaft or the way i did it,from the top as follows :evil:
1.remove water/vac/boost hoses from carb
2.remove carb from manifold
3.remove inlet manifold
4.curse at he chronic backache as a result of stages 1-3
5.deep breath and carry on removing the servo from engine bay
6.curse more shoutin "i always win you b**tard" at the car
7.work in reverse from stages 5-1 enduring even more backache.
8.bleed brakes and take time to relax your back lying on the scabby bit of carpet that every 5 owner should have
9.start up and marvel while grinning cheshire cat like at the firm pedal and perfect idle
10 return to your home while having a quick glance back from your front door thinking "i love that car"

Anyway you may well be thinking what a load of pointles rambling (probably true) but i thought i'd share it with you all anyway.

Yours...sat at home with a brew :wink:

Lee
haha well said mate loved it!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:44, Sun 19 June 2011 »

It gets you everytime.

Doesn't matter how much swearing and cussing i fire it's way, once it's up and running i can't help but just love the damn thing.

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:44, Sun 19 June 2011 »
You synopsis sounds O so familiar !

Bloody cheap crappy french cars that break, but its mine ! all mine !

MWUAHAHHA !

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:46, Sun 19 June 2011 »
so true  :lol:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22:26, Sun 19 June 2011 »
8 and 10... Bang on!

Glad to hear you won mate  8)

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:53, Sun 19 June 2011 »
just tappets to do now,oh and take the carb off again to get the f**kin mixture screw out :oops:

thought 1 or 2 of you could relate to the french car pleasures :lol:

Lee