Author Topic: Help the noobie  (Read 1628 times)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Help the noobie
« on: 16:07, Tue 24 May 2011 »
Right bought a 5 not that long ago off some fellow everything went sweet etc and i'm very happy with my purchase. I'm just wondering what i need to do to up the boost a little? it doesn't have a boost adjuster it's set up at actuator arm thing is the man basically said hed set it from 19 psi to 10 psi just because in his own opinion if it's my first 5 then chances are running 19 i'll be running myself into a wall, i was just curious can i just turn it back up or do i need to get the fueling and etc checked? it's been jetted. any help would be very appreciated :)

leekeefy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help the noobie
« Reply #1 on: 16:11, Tue 24 May 2011 »
always look at the fuel when upping the boost,dont take anyones word for what it'll run,be sure on a rolling road,better be safe than sorry. :)

Lee

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16:24, Tue 24 May 2011 »
Thanks Lee, one thing i've always wondered is how them incar boost adjusters work considering there isn't a small man under the bonnet that changes fueling while you turn it up and down, someone explain  :idea:

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:31, Tue 24 May 2011 »
Your right about the little man wich is why a lot ov people dont use them or remove it compleatly
i found this for you and believe its true
to up the boost you wind the actuator in ie shorten the arm.a boost controller on a carbed engine is a complete waste of time everytime you use it you will be altering the afrs (AIR FUEL RATIO) which can lead to detonation ie the gasket failing or worse.[/quote]

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18:06, Tue 24 May 2011 »
In car boost control is pointless, the carb can only be setup for one boost pressure.

You could set the carb up for the max pressure you want to run and the use the boost controller to lower the boost, but then your just going to overfuel.

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:36, Tue 24 May 2011 »
As ash said but plus usin the boost controller for max boost gives u boost spikes which isn't good
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones